i have a po box fo a reason

I am getting to the stage that I will be 1 starring sellers that wont deliver to po boxes- ESPECIALLY when they are using a huge Oz Post logo and claiming to be delivering from Oz.

I use a PO Box for a reason- no fixed address

I (like many others who travel around) set up a pobox that recieves all their deliveries and its then onforwarded to my current location

No deliver to pobox- no money from me

What I'd really like to see is a way of using the search function to weed out those who dont want custumers like me to buy from them, so that I only get sellers who actually want to make sales

Sort of a tickbox`No POBoxes-tick' and any seller who has the no pobox option turned on is automatically excluded from my search results (like the 50km or oz only options weeds out those sellers more than 50km from me or overseas sellers excluded)

It would certainly make life a lot easier for me- I spent the best part of 2 hours on sunday looking for an item, finally found one that had it and even had a huge OZ Post logo as the top of their add- just got a message they dont do poboxes (not in their add) for something that will fit in one hand.... 

Sick of the constant wasting of my time as they wait around hanging onto my money- if you dont want custumers then why bloomin sell???

Come on Ebay- thats my want to have feature

its becoming easier just to buy direct from the manufacturer than waste time on ebay as more and more have this no pobox crud, an option for me to weed out these so called sellers would be a godsend

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I doubt any AP logo is seller generated.

Assuming you COULD trash the stars of sellers who don't fit your particular circumstance, given you won't  actually buy from them, how is that helpfull to anything but your, blocked, ego?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Well you doubt wrong

I just went back to their add- it STILL states they send by Oz Post, both in the huge banner acros the top and in the postage tab- delivers by standard post with sig- something that still applies to poboxes- if they want the sig required- it means I have to actually take the ticket and go inside and sign- much like I take the ticket they leave in my letterbox if i still had one and go to the post office and sign.....

They STILL have nothing in the add about no poboxes

Wasted my time and still have my money

And they deserve a 5 star why Mr Ego???

All I want is a way of weeding out sellers that dont meet MY requirements about delivery

Seeing as its MY money they want if they want MY sale

Ever heard the old saying `the custumers always right'

IF they want to use Oz Post but dont want PO boxes (for some weird reason) then let them say so- and preferably have a field setting  (like the exclude overseas sellers or further than x km tabs) so I can lock sellers that dont want to sell to me out of my searchs

After all its only MY time and MY money being wasted

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Good for you! I use a PO Box too, but if a seller won't deliver to po boxes I just use my street address. But that definitely needs to change for people like yourself.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, the saying "the customer is always right" IS a very old saying created by the pioneers of retailing to create a level of trust from buyers at that time however "However it was pointed out as early 1914 that this view ignores that customers can be dishonest, have unrealistic expectations, and/or try to misuse a product in ways that void the guarantee and states "if we adopt the policy of admitting whatever claims the customer makes to be proper, and if we always settle them at face value, we shall be subjected to inevitable losses."[4] The work concluded "If the customer is made perfectly to understand what it means for him to be right, what right on his part is, then he can be depended on to be right if he is honest, and if he is dishonest, a little effort should result in catching him at it."

However, I do agree that it must be very frustrating. All I can suggest is you take the issue up with eBay directly as the only reason I would think a PO box may not be accepted is if the sender uses courier services.

However I have seen other threads about this issue here and they note that PO boxes in Australia are a different set up to the rest of the world. I've also seen some here suggest including the physical street address of the PO you use, check with your PO if this is acceptable. Just a thought ......... maybe a better approach than trying yo get ebay to understand.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply