no email received when trying to change password

gasmask2
Community Member

7 times in 2 days now I have tried to change my password and I never get the email that is supposed to be sent. And yes I checked the junk folder. You need a better passowrd changing system

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: no email received when trying to change password

I changed mine today & got the email within a minute. Not sure what the problem could be, but here's one idea that may be the reason why you haven't got it. 

Are you sure the email address your ID is attached to is one you have access to? If you changed ISP's, did you also update your ID's email address to the new one? 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I HAD TROUBLE WITH EMAIL TO.I ENDED UP USING THE RING ME SECTION WHEN CHANGING EMAIL AN GOT PIN TO DO IT THAT WAY.SO MUCH EASIER THAN WAITING FOR EMAIL THAT DOESN'T COME.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi gasmask2,

I am sorry you are having this experience. I also recommend trying the mobile version of the password reset in case there is a problem with your email setup.

However, if this doesn't work for you, please send me a private message with your best contact details and I will have someone from our Customer Support team contact you to help resolve this issue.

All the best,

Joanna_oz

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have three accpounts. Two were sent an email very quickly. My oldest account didn't, nor did the text or phone. I tried over a five day period. When I finally got onto customer support it appears that if you try too many times it triggers an alert. After going through all the security check customer support asked me if I had an old email address. This was the problem. I have been using my current email address for eight years. I get all correspondence this way without a problem. YET on the password change setup it sent the email to an email address that has been dead for eight years. No worries in the end as they fixed it up. I don't know how I would have even contacted ebay if I only had one account.

My advice then is to check any old email address that may have been used to set up your ebay account. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

unclutter1604

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply