$80 promotional offer for new eBay Plus subscribers

m-l240
Community Member

Hi there, I received an $80 promotional offer on 14 October 2022 if I signed up for eBay Plus.  So I activated the offer then signed up. After the free 30-day trial, I started paying the eBay Plus fee on 3 December 22.

However, I never got the $80 voucher! I followed up with eBay through a chat on 10 December 22. They had no record of the offer! I was asked to provide proof of the offer with my email address being clear. So I sent screen shots and a PDF of the offer as requested on 10 December 22. 

As you can imagine, there has been no action and no response from eBay despite their "promise" to respond with 24-48 hours! That was 7 days ago. I tried to follow up again today via chat but it keeps saying the chat is unavailable and I need to try a different channel.

Does anyone know how to get eBay's attention and how to get this resolved? Have you had to chase eBay to get your voucher? How do I close out this issue to get my voucher?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are right. The offer existed. I received it too, but I don't know if it was also sent to my email address. It was just on the main page I think, and I even activated it because I just wanted to read the T&Cs (as I usually do), and when I clicked on "learn more" or something like that I remember it said that I had activated the offer and to join eBay Plus to enjoy the voucher. However, I didn't join eBay Plus, so I cannot tell you more, but the offer was real.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Have you paid for an annual subscription,  or paying monthly.

The following is direct from the  T&C,s

Voucher issue. If you satisfy the Conditions set out in clause 4 above, the Voucher will be issued to Your eBay.com.au  account within 10 days of successful payment of your annual eBay Plus membership, starting from 21 November 2022. For the avoidance of doubt, if you signed up to an eBay Plus 30 day free trial, you will not receive the Voucher until your eBay Plus membership renews to an annual paid membership. The Voucher is not transferable.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Here is  a link to the Offer T&C's

https://pages.ebay.com.au/buyer_coupons/2022/plhevy/

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

bryzen
Community Member

Spratt to catch a mackeral.

Make'em accountable.