Books

I have recently wrote a book that is available on another site. It was published through Lighthouse Christian Publishing. It's called The Bug Who Saved the World. I see that <Removed> in Australia is selling my book! Does anyone know how they would be getting the book? They are selling it for 19.82. The book sells for 9.95 on the other site. If anyone has the right to sell it on eBay, I think it would be me since I own the copyright. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you,
Scott Mathena

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Books

If the book is selling for double what it's selling for on the other site, it's entirely possible that they bought copies from there, and is on-selling them.

Alternatively, they may have bought them directly from the publisher - perfectly legal for them to sell them, I'd have thought.

I've co-authored a few books myself, and have absolutely no say over who can and can't sell legally-acquired copies...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Books

Thank you! I will put it up myself for 9.95 on eBay, so my readers aren't taken advantage of!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Books

You could also get in touch with your publisher, and ask if they've been making bulk sales, etc. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Books

Thank you. I have gotten ahold of my publisher and they have informed me that that company is a reseller for the other site. So therefore I do get compensated for their sales. I just don't like the fact that the reseller is selling for twice the price. But they are out of Australia so the way it goes I guess!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Books

It's only $1.91 on Kindle

Just sayin'

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Books

I know. I get $.95 on each download and 1.68 on paperbacks. It's crazy how Amazon gets 70% of the retail price. The publisher and myself did all the work. Seriously looking into a way to do Christain books and items like Amazon. Lol. Don't be surprised fellow entrepreneurs. God bless.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply