Bought an item, paid immediately. Seller states it is pending.

johjw-yus3izrkrc
Community Member

Bought an item off, paid immediately via credit card (did not use paypal). 

On my end it is showing up as "paid", and awaiting seller to shop the item. 

The seller contacted me asking what I paid with as he usually receives payment immediately - states payment is still pending. 

Wondering if this is normal? if so, can I expect payment to be cleared on his/her end soon?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unless the seller has Merchant Banking Facilities (EFTPOS) and you paid through that, the payment would have to go through Paypal as a guest, that would explain why the payment is pending for the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you. Will it automatically go from pending to complete? Or does the seller or myself need to act or do anything for it?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you paid by EFTPOS and the seller has it correctly set up then yes it should go through automatically, likewise with Paypal as a guest it should be automatically processed.

If it was EFTPOS and the seller claims it won't transfer, DO NOT do a bank transfer or you'll have no buyer protection at all.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Could it be the seller is new to managed payments, and does not understand how their payments are now processed.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Good point GP, that could be the problem.

johjw-yus3izrkrc.

Could you give us the item number of your purchase (RHS of the listing page about halfway down) ? That may help us give you a better answer to your problem.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The seller is most likely waiting for the 'pending' funds to be transferred to their bank.

While they are not supposed to do this, they should send as soon as eBay advises, many are new and don't fully understand the new MP system.

If they are also a NEW seller they can be made to wait 21 days for release of funds.

Perhaps contact the seller and advise they visit these boards for information on how the system should work.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply