Buyer not collected

I have sold an item 4 days ago - buyer paid but not collected - tried to e-mail him many times - no reply - small item - what should I do?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer not collected

If it's paid for, then whats the rush.  Let him contact you now.   You have the dollars.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

lynsh84
Community Member

Maybe there is a COVID issue.....some people are in lockdown or can only travel small distances from home.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@lynsh84 wrote:

Maybe there is a COVID issue.....some people are in lockdown or can only travel small distances from home.

Exactly,  we have about 6 parcels sitting in the study waiting for travel restrictions, etc to change.

All are paid for so I have no concerns holding onto the stock.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Did you give them the date that the item had to be collected by, and did the buyer agree to it?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Seems a bit weird that the buyer has paid, but not communicate with you.

Even if they are in lockdown, they can still send a message!

My suggestion is that if and when the buyer does come to pick it up, they must use the QR pickup code.

"After the buyer has completed the purchase, we'll send them an email with a local pickup code (a QR code and a 6-digit code). They can either take the email with them or show the seller the code in their eBay app when they collect their item. The seller will scan or enter the code on their eBay app to confirm they've picked up their item."

Also, if you don't hear back from the buyer for another couple of days, you can cancel the transaction - use the reason "problem with buyers address", so as not to get a defect.

You can then relist it.

Maybe they just changed their mind and decided it wasn't worth the hassle to drive over.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Also, if you don't hear back from the buyer for another couple of days, you can cancel the transaction - use the reason "problem with buyers address", so as not to get a defect.

Why would you cancel,   you have the money, it's a small item, so not taking up the whole garage,  I'm unclear what the problem is to make you want to cancel it.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Because morally,  a seller should not keep both the money and the item.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Must be under another account though, as their only recently sold, pick up only item was two days ago, not four 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Because morally,  a seller should not keep both the money and the item.

Totally agree on the moral side of things,  but in this case it is the buyer who hasnt picked up (yet).  some people have different timelines on urgency.  They may have fallen of a cliff and are in hospital for a week,  there are so many reasons.  

No harm in letting it ride

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply