How to send money to Bali to buy food for a family

Hi, I want to send a family in Bali who are struggling regular payments of $30 to help to buy food. How can I send it in either aussie $ or rupiahs to her please? I have an email but the first $30 is not going thru. Thanks for help. I can try Western Union if she can send me her bank details but paypal will be quicker and easier for us 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How to send money to Bali to buy food for a family

If you have sent it as a purchase your friend will pay the paypal fees as well as conversion fees if their account is not set to receive US$.

How did you manage to make a purchase if you did not have an invoice to pay?

If you are going to send any more money please make sure you know what you are doing.  On a small amount of money like $30 you will lose a lot in fees and conversion fees....your friends will be lucky to see half of what you sent.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Hi, I just checked again and maybe because it is to Indonesia, as will not let me send money in my account in Aussie $, or let me click sending to friends. Paypal does allow sending money for goods even tho no goods, but think that is because they get the fees, and the conversion fees as even then can only change to them getting US$. I will contact paypal Tuesday and let you now the result     - I did email them and got the standard how to send money which in this case does not work. Thanks for helping anyway and enjoy your Easter.  

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Please, please sort it out before attempting to send any more money....you sre losing a fortune in fees and conversion fees.

I just went to my paypal and followed the links that I have told you.

While paypal does not support the rupiah you could have sent the money in AU$ for the receiver to get in AU$.  For a fee of $1.50 you could have assured that your friend got the full AU$30.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your help. Paypal said there was aproblem and have fixed it  now  and here is what they said  ''Upon checking, personal payments to Indonesia is allowed. I have checked you PayPal account and it seems that our internal security system is blocking the payment. I would ask if you can be online longer so we can run a security check to see if this can be processed.'' I did try again later and it now weems to be working atho I did not go to the final step of actual sending more money. Now at the other end the girl has told me she is havig trouble and has to wait 90 days to access the funds. Sometimes things are just too hard, think I will help some Aussies instead, as there is a lot that need help here too. Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.   

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

That 90 days might have something to do with the Indonesian banking system maybe, because obviously she would have to transfer from her Paypal account to a bank account if she wants the money to hand.

What a rigmarole !!!!

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply