Scammer Calls- I am getting calls saying from Ebay about my account..Beware..

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Scammer Calls- I am getting calls saying from Ebay about my account..Beware..

Unfortunately, despite there being hundreds of warnings on the forum already, too many people still choose to press 1 or engage with the scammer/ring the number back etc

Also beware that the same scammers will say they are from other companies, not just eBay

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: Scammer Calls- I am getting calls saying from Ebay about my account..Beware..

They don't even know if you have an eBay account (or an account with any other company). They just try... and unfortunately, they are often successful with their scams.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Why are you even answering phone numbers you do not recognise?

Just let them go to voicemail - 99% of the time they will just hang up.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have a nice loud whistle handy for scammers and they do not ring back again.   Recorded ones I just hang up on.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Blowing a whistle does nothing. They are not idiots. You are wasting your time. They don't ring back because each scammer only rings a number once. Then they move on to the next number.

I'm curious about a "loud" whistle. Is that opposed to a soft whistle?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply