So called ebay Australia "help" is a joke.

It is possible to contact  a PERSON and not  a ROBOT on ebay-Australia? Also, does someone know email address to the management of ebay Australia? Time to raise some matters with them.

So called "help" is a total disgrace. I made a phone call to 02/82806400 and it was a waste of time. What is the experience of other users?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: So called ebay Australia "help" is a joke.

I have not tried to call the call center since they were shut down months ago due to Coronavirus 

Not sure why an email would be better as it is bot driven, replies are rare but if there is one, it is based on key words and usually nothing to do with the question

What happened when you tried Live Chat ?

eBay's version of help is indeed, most times a joke

The forum here is by far the most uselful and helpful way to solve issues for the most part

But handling complaints as to how eBay 'do things' (or don't do things) is not something responders can change

If you have a specific issue or problem with buying, selling or using the site then it is far more likely someone here can give you better advice than someone with a prompt script on a screen

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

My experience is that 99% of any problems can be solved by asking on these boards.

Why not post your problem on here & a member will be along to help.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@alwayspossible wrote:

It is possible to contact  a PERSON and not  a ROBOT on ebay-Australia? Also, does someone know email address to the management of ebay Australia? Time to raise some matters with them.

The Email option was removed last year and hasn't been available since then.

So called "help" is a total disgrace. I made a phone call to 02/82806400 and it was a waste of time. What is the experience of other users?

You could try their Facebook page or message via that option?

https://www.facebook.com/eBay.com.au/

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@alwayspossible wrote:

It is a complete waste of time to contact the Australlian offices of ebay....they are not a Help centre and can only direct you to the overseas centres.

At present there is no phone contact with ebay.....only Live Chat is available.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I am only speaking from personal experience here, but I much prefer being able to call someone for an answer to a question.
1 post here I made asking for help turned into nothing but a nasty slurr of **bleep**, because I had branded someone rude on another post not even directed in any way to what I was requesting help with.
Sorry but not all people here seem to want to help, it seems to me that some see it as an outlet to attack people, for their lack of knowledge in certain fields. Or even if they have had a bad day, just to be able to slam someone else. Then of course they message their friends to come in for back up (much like schoolyard bullying)
From now on after my inititation to these boards, I will read, research, look for answers and if none are found, just deal with it.

I call things as I see it, if that is a problem for you, then that is what it is.... your problem not mine.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Give it a rest.

As you were told you CANNOT talk to a person at the moment. And you were given a solution to your probem without needing to talk to somebody.

I realise that you SHOULD be able to talk to a person, After all, why should you be inconvenienced by COVID-19?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I am entitled to an opinion as are you, do not try to suppress my right, I do not do it to you.
I call things as I see it, if that is a problem for you, then that is what it is.... your problem not mine.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I tend to only express my opinion once per thread.

Not every post I make.

You're hurt. I understand. You asked an URGENT question, then came back exploring the boards and decided to lay into a poster. Who happened to have provided the best solution to your URGENT problem before you bothered to read it and lambast her.

You then became offended that ANYBODY could be so 'rude' to you after you were rude to her, so rather than follow the advice, you have incessantly hammered the one point, which has nothing to do with your URGENT problem or any of the threads you have now posted the same thing on.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply