Theft of money out of my account.

2021 and 2022 i had money taken from my account for ebay plus i did Not order. I notified the ebay help centre in March this year and it took until September to send a email saying they will refund the full amount. On checking my account it turned out that they had only repaid me half, the payment for 2022 with 2021 still outstanding. After contacting them again they admitted a error had been made and that reimbursement would take place in 12 to 15 days. After 17days had past, i contacted them again and was informed to wait 30 days. 30 days have now passed by two weeks and ebay will not reply to my concerns despite reassurances by the help centre  that they would. Its now nearly November. What can i do? Should i take this to Consumer affairs?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

It is your choice on what you do and to whom you take it

eBay cs staff will read whatever their script tells them to sat

BUT

Aside from that

I would also be very concerned about who had accessed my (your) eBay  account without your knowledge or permission to sign up for eBay Plus

Have you checked nothing else was done while they were at it?

I hope you have already changed your eBay password  etc and cancelled the eBay Plus whoever it was signed you up to?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Have you tried simply cancelling membership according to the T & C's?

Membership cancellation

2.1. You may cancel your eBay Plus membership at any time by selecting โ€œManage membershipโ€ on your eBay Plus membership page and then selecting the โ€œCancelโ€ option in the drop-down menu.

2.2. Other than in the circumstances set out in clause 2.3 below, if you cancel any time after becoming a paid member or your membership automatically renews at the end of your membership term:

2.2.1. you will not be refunded your membership fee regardless of whether or not you made any eligible purchases or have taken advantage of any eBay Plus benefits since your latest Plus membership charge; and

2.2.2. you will continue to receive all eBay Plus benefits until the end of your membership term, but your membership will not be automatically renewed for a further term.

2.3. If your free trial membership or annual membership renews automatically at the end of your membership term and you are charged the annual membership fee, you will have 14 days from the date you have been charged on your preferred payment method to request a refund of the membership fee from Customer Service. For the avoidance of doubt, you will no longer be entitled to the benefits of your eBay Plus membership from the date of cancellation.

eBay Plus T&Cs | eBay.com.au

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

I canceled a ebay plus account i had in 2019 because as soon as i had it postal prices went up canceling any savings making ebay plus useless. As expected i didn't get charged in 2020 but was going over my accounts and noticed they started charging me again in 2021 and when i looked ahead 2022 as well.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Dose not count. I cancelled my account in 2019 didn't get charged 2020 as expected, but they started charging me in 2021 and 2022.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

You made no mention of having had signed up to eBay Plus in 2019

Only that (quote) 

2021 and 2022 i had money taken from my account for ebay plus i did Not order

Other members have no way of knowing you DID indeed order (sign up to) eBay plus beforehand

We can only go on what people actually post and give advice/ask questions based on what was actually posted

We can't guess that there was indeed a sign up to eBay Plus made by you in 2019

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Why dose that matter? It was cancelled in 2019, three years ago. 

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

This was the letter received  14th of September  and still nothing.

Hello Brad,

This is a follow up email regarding our previous conversation with regards to eBay Plus refund amount of $48.99 out of $97.99 credited wasn't received in your bank account.

As promised I have escalated your concern and I'm happy to inform you the refund is processed again and you will receive it in 10-15 days in your card ending with XXXX. We have even checked the amount was actually for two different eBay accounts wherein one account had some issue with processing the refund to your card linked hence the request was earlier denied.

However, be assured this time we have checked everything at our end and you will surely get the amount back.

Thanks for your cooperation..

It was my pleasure assisting you today. I wish you all the best for your future trading with eBay.

Kind regards,

Swapnil A..

eBay Customer Service

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

It matters because by saying 'you did not order' and making no mention of anything else, it reads that you, the account owner, did not sign up, full stop and had no knowledge of being singed up 

Obviously someone using this account signed up

When you don't mention it was you, (yes, in 2019, but still) what do you expect people are going to think? 

What you chose to omit says a lot more than what you wrote in this case

Why not just explain  what really actually happened in the first place?

You ask members what to do, but don't tell us the full story 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I mentioned it in my second reply. When YOU said i should cancel my ebay plus account.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply