Very abusive seller

Hi i made a offer on a item and the seller reply im **bleep**got  and to go kill myself ect Iv struggled with bipololar disorder and mental health issues most me life, last thing i need to be told  people like this should be banned but im told just waisting my time to report ebay do nothing is this true

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Very abusive seller

Was "make an offer" in the listing ?  If it wasn't then in reality you shouldn't be making an offer on the item in the first place.

Likewise when making an offer you shouldn't be going much below 10% of the asking price, or you're likely to get the seller offside.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

yes "make an offer" was in the listing sent no message just made a offer

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@matt-keystk wrote:

yes "make an offer" was in the listing sent no message just made a offer

So was your offer around 10% below the listing price ?

I would add that eBay has been known in the past to put "make an offer" on items, without consulting the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@matt-keystk wrote:

Hi i made a offer on a item and the seller reply im **bleep**got  and to go kill myself ect Iv struggled with bipololar disorder and mental health issues most me life, last thing i need to be told  people like this should be banned but im told just waisting my time to report ebay do nothing is this true

Wow… what a nasty seller. Probably a good thing you didn’t buy from them, then. Sounds like trouble.

If the listing has make an offer, usually the seller will have a set margin to what they will automatically accept and what will automatically decline. It seems your seller didn’t do this. 
if the automatic decline margin isn’t set, then you are free to make a ridiculous offer that you want. There are no set rules! 😉

And who knows, the item might have been sitting on eBay being relisted  for months, and a silly offer just might get accepted…..  obviously not in this case though.

Try and not take it personally. After all, it’s just another faceless t w a t  on the internet.  Plenty of them around.🤫

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I agree with Jane. If the seller didn't want an offer under a certain value, he or she should have automatically declined it. No need to insult people.

If you want to discuss the issue with eBay, try live chat during business hours. Go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears. The options might not be perfect for your case, but it does not matter. Just choose what you think it the best option.

Or you can try this: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022

As you can see, one of the reasons to report a seller is "They sent threatening messages or used abusive or vulgar language". So, yes, you should be able to do something.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply