Why can people get away with abusive emails??

I have recently had the most ridiculous diatribe and disgusting emails. Firstly insulted  And a racsist slur. I have reported this person to Ebay and nothing done? This seller has since listed 40 items.

My reply to thier last email; that I would report abuse and rascist slur to ebay; they came back with this taunt:

Ebay remains neutral about the complaint so go away little child and tell mummy you had a bad day at school ha! 

*So I ask the community what can be done by this sort of abuse and rascist attack? As clearly this person see's they are above reproach?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While it must have been a shock to get that reaction from a seller just for asking for measurements of an item of clothing, my reaction would have been to ask what they were on.

That tirade is so warped it is funny......they were just trying to shock you and obviously succeeded.

All I can suggest is to report every message, don't reply, block them from further contact and move on.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I cannot see anything racist  is that message although the others may be.

Have you reported each and every offensive message that you have received....use the Report this Message that is on every message.

It appears that ebay has done something....the very fact that the writer has said that ebay is neutral about it indicates to me that ebay has indeed been in contact even if it was only a mild rebuke.

Just keep reporting every offensive message that you receive...but be honest about why you are reporting it.  If you used the reason that the message you put here was racist then ebay would rightly ignore you.

At the worst it was a taunt and hardly reportable.

And don't reply to them.....they will soon lose interest if you don't react.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

f/b = 91.3%..... I doubt they will last
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Appears you are not the first customer to be insulted.

A neg with "Insults customer".

That account is probably on many party lists now.

Put her on your BBL so she can't buy from you to trash your feedback.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838, no that message was mild to say the least. To use the F and C words is no way acceptable and people should be penalised for this...Read the abusive and racist content that lead me to report her.......... It started when I asked for measurements, (brand sizes vary so much and with this skirt being an older manufacturer). She had not put them on, though made allowance? My first email comment from her "cant you think for your self"? I then got the most ridiculous email (the bottom one) why they do not put measurements on etc etc, I wrote back saying it didn't make sense to me as the english not good, and why would I bid on an item that may not fit? She has now put all measurements on her items? Not rocket science!!

New message
Not as poor as you. I **bleep**ing can't stand your dirty rotten POMS. **bleep** the English language. I'm done with your narrow **bleep**d pom poms and vile queenies, fantasy royal **bleep** and dung beetle eyes. If this was a university course then you'd be surprised how many people fake the english language to appease your desperate need to feel somewhat accept with the rest of the world.

If you get my drift then good for you. You are not a **bleep** so that's a change for me as most buyers who come to my site are poor in the wallet so go pay for your gear if you want the I don't think you pay me for any drafted or edited concern so for a $21 skirt you get that level of service, grammar and attitude .

New message from:
**bleep** you're complicated.
And who sits online and makes all these comparisons. I am not here to be like everyone else and could not give a damn if I do not sell anything. Its a stupid thing to do with your time and makes me really stupid. So yes. I am well over dealing with stupid enquiries, writing stupid ads for dumb **bleep** that need so much from me. Go hang yourself and ride off looking like a dead corpse because your enquiries are so void of any emotion, feeling or style. No doubt this skirt is not a good match for you..
New message
It makes sense to me; not to you, that no good then - boo hoo : ( I''ll give it another go as I am into explaining myself, sometimes, when I have extra time and such special people that find it remotely time wasting to point out whatever they like and since you like to point yourself in my direction with such a direct approach and need for an explanation then here i go again, for the second time.

The reason... what for it... why I do not bother listing measurements as a matter of urgency, like for example before auction end is because I do not have access 24/7; its limited. Also, I tend to want buyers to know the brand so they know their size already or can access the retailers website for their sizing chart or go into a shop front to physically try on the label... so to send through the measurements is not really such an urgency.

To the winning bidder, I do extend full courtesy as to provide these details before I waste my time sending it.

The ad reads "These measurements are indicative of the circumference fit and will be provided upon request." which means to dumb asses like yourself that 'here' are the list of measurements I provide to you (being LENGTH, BUST, WAIST etc) however because I am so slack at keeping up to date with certain divas that mean to be so special that I'd much prefer to wait until the last minute to submit this because I have better things to do with my lifetime then sit on the computer and look stupid punching into frickin' keyboard.

I hope you find a good fit elsewhere and I like being rude. I do not get enough money to be nice which really makes me spew in all directions, especially on the likes of strangers like yourself ;{} Its my fun time.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

While it must have been a shock to get that reaction from a seller just for asking for measurements of an item of clothing, my reaction would have been to ask what they were on.

That tirade is so warped it is funny......they were just trying to shock you and obviously succeeded.

All I can suggest is to report every message, don't reply, block them from further contact and move on.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

To be quit honest, I was intially shocked, then laughed when I re read it, as it is rediculous to say the least......Im not even English! 🙂 Thank you for your comments taken aboard, and the community support. I just feel people like this are a disgrace to the Ebay community. Cheers.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Look at it this way, there's fruitloops in every supermarket

That individual is clearly more than a few short of a boxful

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I have just read this (working late and waiting for my coffee to brew), and my eyebrows are doing sit-ups. It is actually hilarious, don't you think? (In a very bizarre sort of way.)

I'd have been tempted to reply along these lines:

Spoiler

[gasp] How - tell me - how did you know about me and the pom poms? It was a dark night and only the three of us involved were there on the Night of the Pom Poms! I don't know about vile queenies, although admittedly Ancient Egyptian Royalty was present.

You must have a spy present, as I am sure that no one leaked the secret dung beetle documents detailing how Egyptians in ancient times were able to cause eclipses just by rolling dung around in a special beetle-encrusted pot.

This IS a university course. You fail! oh no... English language not faked good enough, many alases!

Please retain those precious measurements. One day they will be worth a fortune in some crypto-currency or other.

Most mellifluous regards

[Queen Pom-Pom]

However, that's the sort of temptation that I (almost always) resist, since it would only prolong communication with a very troubled individual, and what strikes me as hilarious at 3 am when I'm longing for my next coffee is likely to make me groan and whack my forehead at 8 am.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I have ignorend the last lot of trip from this seller. Ebay cannot block people from sending emails? Ridiculous to say the least in this Computor day and age?!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply