why the red message "Please Do Not Ship To This Address when printing shipping label

I received this message today from a seller, 

I am sorry I had to cancel your purchase. A notification comes up when printing your shipping label in red "Please Do Not Ship To This Address." Other items I have shipped overseas with that message never reached their destination.

Has anyone seen this message before because I've been using ebay for many years and I have never had it before.

Also why would the seller be getting this message? Seller is in USA and I'm in Australia.

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: why the red message "Please Do Not Ship To This Address when printing shipping label

As they say "all's well that ends well". Strange that the seller got the red notice since they were going to be sent by the GSP ( because their address is a US one in Erlanger)  - though the GSP does confiscate items for no apparent reason sometimes.

Hope the new parts work for you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: why the red message "Please Do Not Ship To This Address when printing shipping label

Was the item listed on ebay,com.au ?  Do you perhaps have a PO box, as many OS sellers will not ship to a PO box ?

What is the item number ?

Edit to add, I haven't had that message and I do have a PO box.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Is it possible the item is a prohibited/restricted  australian import,  or that it is embargoed and currently prohibited  from US export

Edit,

Just to add I am assuming the seller is receiving the red message from  US Post, not an ebay message

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

Yes, the seller states that the message is in red text so it must be from US postal service. Seller said it was ebay...

The item shouldn't be prohibitted though because the item is 4x 3d prints (plastic) of small components called cams that fit into an Akai reel to reel tape player.

My address isn't a PO box either.

I was just curious as to why he received such a message.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Item number ????

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

Item number is 133290230136,

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hard to say, but the items could be considered counterfeit  and therefore trigger a postal alert,  in any event

if the seller has received a warning message from USP, then they would be foolhardy to proceed.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

yeah true I didn't really think of counterfeit due to the parts being from a machine thats over 50 years old.

I ended up getting a refund and actually found the 3d files for the same parts on a 3d copy/share site. 

They were free so I downloaded them and sent them  to a 3d place close by. $70 au cheaper too so it's a win win, I'm kind of happy it ended this way.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

just hope they fit.LOL

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

As they say "all's well that ends well". Strange that the seller got the red notice since they were going to be sent by the GSP ( because their address is a US one in Erlanger)  - though the GSP does confiscate items for no apparent reason sometimes.

Hope the new parts work for you.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply