Seller sent using eBay Global Shipping Program but package not arrived

Seller in the USA states they sent my item a month ago through eBay’s GSP, but it hasn’t arrived and seller just says “bummer”.

I ask for them to provide a correct tracking number as the tracking number provided is invalid when I log it into DHL’s tracking system, but they won’t and have told me to chase it up through ebay myself and said “hope it resolves for you”. 

Seller hasn’t provided any proof of sending, only saying they sent it through GSP and said is my problem to locate it.

Seller won’t state where or how they sent it, except saying it was sent through eBay’s GSP, and stated is me that has to try locate it, even through I’ve told them the DHL tracking number provided by eBay in the delivery section is invalid, so am having to ask here.

I don’t have the sellers details, only their ebay user name.

Is this correct? I’d have thought a seller would be trying to locate my package since it has not arrived.

Can someone please tell me how GSP works? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/shipping-delivery/changing-delivery-address-method/international...

eBay generally use Pitney Bowes not DHL for GSP. So iitt is unlikely that the tracking number provided will work with DHL tracking. 

What does eBay tracking say? Have you tried the number on another all-in-one tracking site such as 17track or ship24?

If the EDD (estimated delivery date) has passed open an INR ( item not received) case!

An update:

I received my money back from eBay. But I still don’t understand eBay’s GSP, nor why the seller refused to help and didn’t care.

The seller had listed this same item twice, but was a one off item, as 2 different listings, one being 3 times the price of the listing I’d bought as the seller sent an offer for an even lower price to sell, which I agreed to. It appears the seller accidentally listed the item twice, one at a high price and the listing is bought from, at a cheaper price, and was then sent an offer for an even lower price by the seller, which I accepted. I’m wondering if this seller made a mistake and so never really sent the item.

This is why I am suspect this seller never actually sent the item, and was why she was avoiding to help whatsoever, in locating the package. 

So did the seller have to refund or do eBay have some kind of insurance they use? 

I’m unsure what to leave as feedback, but I doubt it’ll be positive because the seller didn’t want to even help trying to locate the package and refused to provide proof of it ever being sent.