10% off...really?

bought items as buy it now and a promo says you save 10% if paying by paypal..really...

shows a voucher code to enter at checkout in which i put in but still got charged full amounts.

did a copy and paste of this code and also manually put it in but never got my 10% off.

anyone else get ripped like i did?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 10% off...really?

an update for anyone that was following this topic...

paid via paypal 2/11/14...just checked my paypal details (9/11/14) and i didnt end up getting ebays 10% discount voucher honoured after all..good one ebay..Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did you read the t&c with the voucher, if you didn't you did not get ripped off. It pays to read...
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

i did read t&c and as far as i can tell it applies to me 100%..gotta be a catch somewhere though im sure.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Did the discount amount show in eBay checkout after you entered the code? If it did, check your PayPal transaction.

The total amount will show on the Overview page but if you click on Details next to the transaction and scroll down you will see how the payment was funded.

It will show something like this

Funding type: Redemption Code and Credit Card
Funding source: $xx AUD - 10% off your purchase, up to a maximum discount of $100. #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$xx AUD - Credit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

Did the discount amount show in eBay checkout after you entered the code? If it did, check your PayPal transaction.

The total amount will show on the Overview page but if you click on Details next to the transaction and scroll down you will see how the payment was funded.

It will show something like this

Funding type: Redemption Code and Credit Card
Funding source: $xx AUD - 10% off your purchase, up to a maximum discount of $100. #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$xx AUD - Credit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

yes it did say the normal price then showed the 10% off price on checkout when i put in the code ..

just checked my paypal account and shows the full amount paid.

maybe it takes awhile to show up in paypal?..did buy around 20 hours ago..see what happens or not happen.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

What does it show in the Funding section when you click on Details?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

maybe will work next time.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

paypal account still showing up as full amount paid.

lesson learnt....!!

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

an update for anyone that was following this topic...

paid via paypal 2/11/14...just checked my paypal details (9/11/14) and i didnt end up getting ebays 10% discount voucher honoured after all..good one ebay..Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Did you bother to ring ebay at the time of the transaction?

It is not unknown for a glitch to occur but ebay/paypal usually fixes it if you have qualified for the discount.

No point complaining here if you don't at least ring them.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply