$ 200 UA in postage costs and items are damaged

The Ebay shop in texas  i purchased alloy racing wheels 25kg each x4  he sent them in factory wheel boxers  and sofar i have received 2 wheels  one on tuesday another today , both wheels chipped and damaged , , this is madness why would he not box them up in one box ,  god knows were the other 2 are ,  paypal want me to pay post back , thats wrong he failed to box the items correctly , as one package !  the wheels are being thrown around like a football ,   last time i ever buy  from USA ,  i am so going to destroy his fed back rating , i feel sick , so much money wasted on a numb nuts ebayer ,  fedex  or needs to be held to accountfor the damage they do ,

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: $ 200 UA in postage costs and items are damaged

aps1080
Community Member

size limit

that's why you buy them here or pay for dhl.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If I have the right seller then he is using the Global Shipping Program.  It is a most unsatisfactory service....expensive for smaller items and mostly slow.

First, you cannot leave negative feedback for sellers using the GSP....ebay will remove it.

Second, the seller is not responsible for the packaging of the items....they send the items to Pitney Bowes in Erlanger KY who repack the items and prepare the paperwork.

It is doubtful if those items could be packed together for shipping....the parcel would be too big and probably too heavy.

Wait till you have the other items before you do anything.

If you bought them afte the 1st November you can do an ebay dispute and the seller should have to pay the return shipping.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

sorry weight was each 12.75kg  ,,,, i is showing on Fedex depot brisbane airport  been their for 3 days showing on there tracking . all items have same tracking number , fedex only show 1 item , Austrail post delivered 1 today , a courier delivered 1 on tusday , mix basket of  delivery ,, fedex says item will be despached next tuesday ,,,, this is just a balls up !  wast of time , i still going to blast  him with bad feed back , ,i going to make hime pay to have them repaired in Australia ,  i not sending them back at my cost ,,, not ever buying from USA ever  , just a ripoff !  these fools moving boxes around on and off planes and trucks are retards throwing peoples items around like nothing matters ,, yet they still keep their jobs ,

28.1 lbs / 12.75 kgs
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

sofar both wheels have damage on inside lip on the back of wheel , they come face down with a plastic protector ring around outer face lip , its the back edge thats getting chipped or scrached , as there is no protective ring on back edge , ,

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Please read my post before you go off half cocked and neg the seller.....he is not responsible for how Pitney Bowes packs items.

It is a well known fact that PB has no idea of how to pack items for safe shipping.

There is no provision for a dispute to force the seller to pay for repairs to the items here in Australia.

If you decide to open a paypal dispute you will have to pay for the return shipping.  If you take my advice and use an ebay dispute the seller will have to pay the return shipping.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Are you kidding its not the sellers problem you say ?  , so i spend close to a grand and pay this crazy postage

he sends them to somone to post to me that drags the boxes around damaging  them when you can see its a alloy wheel ,

No  its his fault for sending them off to a pack of retards ,  ,  i going to smash him with bad feed back you bet i am,,,

, what sort of person in charge would rob me of 200 dollars for postage  only to send them to some idiots that will damage them , its crazy .  i am so damn mad,,  2 weeks out from xmas , , and this happens , first time for me to leave bad feed back , ,

now a massive wheel repair bill , if these next two are damaged  its going to cost him , ,if he sends 4 more they will only be damaged the postage handlers just dont care , the lot of them need to be retrained or sacked , people who run ebay shops selling mag wheels should know better then to use these scum postage service , and charge us top dollar , what a ass !

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I give up!!!

You just will not accept what people are trying to tell you so you will get the best outcome.

The negative feedback may make you feel better but it will be removed.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

trying to save a few bucks has cost you over a $1000.

Some things are better bought locally OR you have your shyte worked out and know what is what re shipping from the US.

Or pick up the bloody phone and call them and discuss, and if they are not available find a business that is.

Don't assume that they think of doing things like you might do them.

As the above poster said, people here are trying to help you / give you advice.

BTW, your $1000 to you is a lot, to a US business it is small bickies.
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

How is it the sellers fault that they were damaged IN TRANSIT? Do you think he damaged them prior to sending just to pish you off? 

Some people just don't want to be helped. Some people also need to learn to read listings and understand the Global Shipping Program and why they should NEVER use it, instead of coming in here and abusing other members who are here VOLUNTARILY to help others who ask for it.

Another one for the special party list me thinks!

That is all.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply