3rd party transactions via ebay

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 3rd party transactions via ebay

can i purchase an vehicle i.e. motorhome using ebay as the 3rd party and still have money back garrentee  applicable

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

can i purchase an vehicle i.e. motorhome using ebay as the 3rd party and still have money back garrentee  applicable

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

NO!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Don't tell me

Woman going into the army

or hubby is

or they got it in the divorce 

etc etc etc etc

No

No 

No

No

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

No. The so-called eBay Motors scam is well-known. SCAM.

Read this thread: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Ripped-off-by-a-Ebay-motors-scam/m-p/2421380

I also suggest that you mark one of the helpful replies (telling you that it’s not legitimate) as the solution. You own question should not be marked as a solution; how did your own question provide you with an answer? That would be confusing to other people in future looking for a solution to the same issue. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It is NOT eBay in the first place. Only because the scammers mention eBay or put an eBay logo in the ad, it does not mean the transaction is really part of eBay. They are scammers who have nothing to do with eBay.

Stay away from them, block them, run away!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Not on ebay nor anywhere else.

This scam is common with cars, caravans, jetskis and motorhomes.

If you can't see it, examine it and personally pick it up, don't go making any payments.

And guarantees on ebay are generally pretty useless, beware.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I think too many people think that the MBG will always get them out of trouble.

Some people have come here to say "I thought it was probably a scam but decided to give it a go anyway because of the MBG", and then of course they realized that it was indeed a scam.

Common sense should always apply, MBG or not.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

is the motorhome even listed on eBay? My guess would be Facebook marketplace with payment through eBay motors escrow. 

If you do a reverse image search on the pic of the motorhome you will probably find it listed in several places by different individuals.  The scammers just lift images from the net.  Check the pic to see if it is right hand drive.

I will say this . . . if you don't know how to do a reverse image search on Google then your max spend online should be just $50 per transaction as you are prime scammer victim material.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

I think too many people think that the MBG will always get them out of trouble.

Some people have come here to say "I thought it was probably a scam but decided to give it a go anyway because of the MBG", and then of course they realized that it was indeed a scam.

Common sense should always apply, MBG or not.

You are so right! A few years back, my sister was tempted to buy a thermomix TM5 off a seller on ebay. It was about $700, which included postage. (Normal retail through the only authorised source, $2000+) Supposedly brand new, boxed etc. Brand new seller, interstate.

Same spiel as a couple of other sellers with different IDs I had watched. Who never received any feedback either.

My sister kept saying-what have I got to lose? If it doesn't arrive, I'll get my money back.

I finally convinced her not to go ahead, as what if they sent an empty box or a box with a couple of rocks inside or whatever.  Plus the biggie of no guarantee, could be a cheap copy if she got anything at all etc

This was before managed payments and possibly before the ebay hold on funds, I am not sure.

But if something (anything!) is way under normal retail value and you're not getting to see it before purchase, a person needs to get the $$ signs out of their eyes and investigate a bit more.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply