About refund

Hi guys,

Recently I had an refund form overseas seller, and only received one email telling me the GST was refunded but nothing was mentioned about the rest of money. The transaction was paid by Mastercard rather than PayPal.

And I had another refund from local seller, which occured on 9th 1 2019, till now refund status is still pending. How long it would take? I normally had refund instantly in previous experience. 

Please advise. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Peter

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

About refund

I can't help with your overseas one, but are you seriously worried about a refund that only happened yesterday? If the seller refunded through Paypal it will take a few days to hit your credit card - which is where the refund will end up. Not your bank account, I opine believe.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

About refund

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you receive a refund the money goes back to the funding source.  In the case of a credit card payment the refund will take several days to appear on your card (depending on your bank).

There is nothing strange about being notified of the return of the GST amount.....it comes from ebay's paypal account, not from the seller.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

About refund

Thanks guys I have received the local sellers refund. But the overseas one is in ' cancellation pending' status, the GST has been received as I did received an email notification from eBay but never got anything regarding the rest of money even not a single email. Please advise.Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

About refund

It sounds as though the seller is sending the refund from bank account funds.   These take several days to clear, hence the Pending status of the refund.  Just be patient.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply