Advice on recieving an item not in described condition

*mya*is*burmese*for*emerald*
Community Member

Hi everyone, so as the title says I need some advice really... I haven't been on ebay in a while and I  haven't had much luck buying lately, one item not recieved and the latest is recieving an item not in the condition that was stated in the listing.. I opened a paypal dispute as the item was meant to be like new but arrived with stains, pen marks, dried food or something etc.. so I have been talking to the seller and she is saying as in her listing she takes no returns and that I should wash them to see if the stains come out.. any experience with this? I think that I should be entitled to a refund if they are not in the condition stated and I didn't think "no returns" applied to items that are not what they are advertised to be.. advice? thanks xx

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Correct. You can open a INAD as you have. Paypal will ask you to return the item via registered post, to receive a refund.

The trick with buying on the internet, is to carefully select the seller, based on past feedback and professional presentation.

And often you are better buying locally if you are buying from overseas. You get what you pay for, so cheapest isn't always the best.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

BLACK MILK LIGHTENING LEGGINGS!! RARE/DISCONTINUED. AS NEW COND.

Is it these?

so I have been talking to the seller and she is saying as in her listing she takes no returns and that I should wash them to see if the stains come out..

Cats litter-if they're not as described then they're not as described.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

No refunds only means the seller will not refund for change of mind.  If the item is not as described you can get refund provided you paid with PP.  Open dispute and when PP tells you post them back by registered post.

Cannot believe the seller was so silly to post by ordinary mail.

If you paid by DD then all you can do is to wash the item and hope for the best, and then leave appropriate FB and low stars.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply