Advice please

I enquired about an item for sale on here, was something that my boss wanted, the person replied to me and said unfortunately the item was sold( obviously off eBay) I text my boss but unfortunately he didn't read the text and bid and won this item, the seller emailed my boss and apologised and said he didn't have time to take the item off eBay( yet he had time to relist other things) I told my boss to wait for a mutual cancelation from seller, well that never came, seller marked the item as paid!!!!!!!! Apart from being rather silly because he has to pay fees now my boss is livid that he has done this.

Shall he report him or just let it go????? He asked me for advice and I have NFI
Dont push.... Im typing as fast as I can.......
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Advice please

A lovely negative IMO-what a tadpole the seller was/is.NO way would I agree to any Mutual Cancellation IF the seller ever sends one.Sounds like they have NFI what they're doing-new seller??

*waves to Dilly*

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

** blows foxy a kiss**

Yep tadpole is right,nope not a new seller, he did say to my boss he would inform eBay what he has done but I don't believe that for a minute.

Can he be reported?? We can't do an item not received against him as it asked how we paid and we haven't even tho it's marked as paid.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

Girlfriend,they can TRY using following link to report them but its the neg PLUS marking ALL stars as 1 that will do the most damage.

(stupid links lol)

http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2016&rcode=IV%25P20073&subject=Seller%2...

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

Thanks Hun
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

Gosh - wouldn't it be easier to tell your boss to take a chill pill?

No money was lost, no animals were harmed. It's just an item that's not available, certainly not the end of the world.

Neg if you must, but certainly no need to become "livid" about such an unimportant issue. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

Dilly, did your boss pay for the item? If so, then he should definitely open a dispute. If not, foxette is right and a negative is probably a good idea for listing something that wasn't for sale.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

Gosh - wouldn't it be easier to tell your boss to take a chill pill?

No money was lost, no animals were harmed. It's just an item that's not available, certainly not the end of the world.

Neg if you must, but certainly no need to become "livid" about such an unimportant issue. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hear what you are saying, just read a comment of yours on another thread about a non payer, you gave the advice to open a dispute and allocate a strike, this is the same situation but in reverse...As far as I am concerned DONT post it for sale if you havent got it or remove the add when you do sell it off ebay, he had time to list other things, hes got time to remove it

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

Dilly, did your boss pay for the item? If so, then he should definitely open a dispute. If not, foxette is right and a negative is probably a good idea for listing something that wasn't for sale.

No he didnt pay for it and yes will be advising my boss to issue a neg

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Advice please

I hear what you are saying, just read a comment of yours on another thread about a non payer, you gave the advice to open a dispute and allocate a strike, this is the same situation but in reverse...

Yeah, and if you read my posts I always say to deal with these minor annoyances quickly and just move on. Simply do what you have to do - there is no post getting angry about things like this... it's not like it actually hurts you. What would Steve Jobs say?

First World Problem

A non-payer on eBay, or a seller who accidentally doesn't have stock of something... these are not things that should ever spoil your day.

Remember that song "Don't worry, be happy"? ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply