Am frustrated when eBay slips in a payment to paypal that I didn't want to pay

dsjm1
Community Member

This has happened to me rewpeatedly.  

The latest one was I bought a bike & then did pickup and payment.  At home I filled in feedback for the sale.

Then I kept getting eBay emails saying to pay for the bike. I go looking for the selection that allows you to mark payment sent BUT can't find it.  Then a few days later I buy something else, go to paypal and pay for it tnen noticed the amount was way over what I just bought. On inspection, I see eBay sent an invoice to paypal who added it to my newest payment.  

In this case I have emailed the seller asking them to return the money BUT this should never happen!. We should not be ambushed with invoices we have already paid or (as in one past case) after the purchase was mutually canceled.

eBay, please make it so the invoices are NOT sent to paypal unless by approval.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Am frustrated when eBay slips in a payment to paypal that I didn't want to pay

You will need to contact eBay if you wish to let them know

Responders here are buyers and sellers like yourself

eBay do read member's comments whatsoever

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: Am frustrated when eBay slips in a payment to paypal that I didn't want to pay

eBay don't pay for things for you, you do.

When you buy something and there is an unpaid item on eBay, they will all show when selecting pay.

You need to select 'Only pay this item'.

I am guessing you haven't noticed that function when paying.

Always check the total before completing checkout.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Not that simple.

When I have just purchased an item I click pay now (for THAT item) - eBay then goes to Paypal and bills me for that item AND others that I did not request payment for. It all happens very quickly and I only find out when I see they billed me for more than I just requested paynow for.

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but your comment wasn't.

Cheers  Doug

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@dsjm1 wrote:

Not that simple.

When I have just purchased an item I click pay now (for THAT item) - eBay then goes to Paypal and bills me for that item AND others that I did not request payment for. It all happens very quickly and I only find out when I see they billed me for more than I just requested paynow for.

Cheers  Doug

OK it looks like you get taken to the cart when you click pay now for an item am I right or wrong?

If I'm right then when you're in the cart you also need to click on the item you wish to pay for otherwise you will be paying for every item in your cart.

If I'm wrong then you might need to clear your cache and cookies and then try again?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@dsjm1 wrote:

Not that simple.

Cheers  Doug

It sounds like you may have 'Remember Me' selected for your PayPal payments. Do you need to sign in to PayPal each time you purchase? If you do not have to sign into PayPal then this is the problem. This will bypass the shopping cart hwere you can easilly select which item to pay.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply