An amusing fiction from my seller regarding Australia Post...

I purchase a used Amazon Kindle from a seller in QLD last Monday, and paid Tuesday.  Didn't hear anything from them, and Friday night it was still showing as unsent in eBay, so sent a quick enquiry asking if a tracking number was available for the parcel yet.  No reply until tonight:

Hi, have you received the parcel I sent to you. I am just messaging you because Auspost just told me about some unforeseen circumstanced that may have included my parcel so just thought I would check up. Cheers.

Seems a bit strange...my reply:

No, haven't seen it. What unforeseen circumstances? Do you have a tracking number for the parcel?

Hi I did not ship it personally so could not get a tracking no. This was due to my work hours. I'll try to uncover the issue, however auspost hasn't been very helpful so far. Is there a limit to how long you would wait? Otherwise I will just refund you tomorrow if you are unsatisfied. Let me know. Cheers.

Yeah right...doesn't have a tracking number, yet somehow AP and the seller are in touch about it.  Seller doesn't know where the parcel is, yet are offering an immediate refund.  Sounds to me like they've forgotten to send it or have changed their mind about selling.  Ok, I'll go along with the story...

Yes, Aus Post can be very unhelpful at times - they're all over the place. What have they been able to tell you so far?
I'm happy to keep waiting for the Kindle.
Thanks

I got a return parcel for something else I shipped about 1-2 weeks before the kindke. It was not able to be shipped because of infrastructure issues which allows tracking and label printing. That was why I was wondering if you got the Kindle I sent because I don't know if the Kindle will be coming back or not in the next two weeks.

Ha!  Now they're just googling past headlines, looking for ideas about AP problems because I've asked for more info.

I suspect I won't be receiving the Kindle.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0