Another stupid idea?

go-tazz
Community Member

That stupid bell now has 3 "messages" in it and none of them relate to anything that I've "done" on eBay.

The "messages" are for laptops which when clicked on goes to their favourite error page that seem to come

up on a regular basis now,(We looked everywhere.Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit

our help pages).

So do they want you to look at times that you have no interest in or even searched for or is it part of their

continuing failure to provide a stable platform?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Another stupid idea?

I had not ever noticed it really so I went up to look and a hover of the mouse showed 2 things showing. The first was an 'ending soon' message about some item.

Not sure why it is bothering to show it as all my watched items are in the My ebay section anyway and I can look if I want to.

The second message showed me my last purchased item has been posted. That's useful. Very efficient of the seller actually as it is still early Monday morning.

Which reminds me-been a few weeks or months since I bought anything on ebay and the layout seems to have changed. I was a bit surprised when I made the latest purchase (walk of shame, it's one of those Coles collectables for my granddaughter. Hearing over & over how impossible it was to get Nutella just wore me downSmiley Very Happy). But anyway, the first thing I saw when I purchased was this big box that said something like Request to cancel order.

I'm a great believe in the idea that if you put something there, people will assume they can use it. The message that is sending to casual buyers would definitely be that they are perfectly within their rights to ask for a cancellation on a whim, it's a part of the system. I don't know why ebay has to display it like that. Surely they could put it in a drop down menu of other actions, with give feedback as the main, first message?

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Another stupid idea?

3e6.jpg

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply