Another whinge about Australia Post

C&S has been around for 3 years now yet the tracking info uploaded to eBay is still not a clickable link to the Aus Post tracking site.

How hard can it be to get the integration correct? If I manually upload a tracking number it all works fine but the auto upload is still unclickable.

When I shop on ebay.com and have items shipped to a US address not only is the USPS tracking number clickable but it also shows in My eBay the actual date Delivered.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Another whinge about Australia Post

This is just Auspost. Enter the number manually. They are not to know that the c&s is an ebay item

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

my wishes - Australia Post click and send is linked to ebay - and when you process a parcel you do so by importing the address details from ebay, so the system is supposed to be designed to be ebay friendly - with the tracking number imported from click and send after processing back into ebay.

Sports, I agree it is quite frustrating after all this time and the various "improved" click and send versions that this most very simple fix has not been actioned. 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

When i process a sale through Click and Send, I import the relevant sale to the C&S site, through the link at the top of the C&S page.

After I have put the relevant information in the C&S site and paid for it, if I check my 'My Selling' page, it shows the item as posted and has the AP tracking number automatically filled in against that item..

What am I doing wrong?

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

The tracking number uploads automatically from C&S but it is not a clickable link.

Buyers should not have to faff around to check the tracking when it should be available in one click. If buyers click on the tracking number in Purchase History it displays a popup with AUS POST and the number. To actually see the tracking info buyers have to know to go to the Aus Post tracking site and copy and paste the tracking number.

Whereas if I upload the tracking number for a Registered post label the buyer can click on it and is taken straight to the tracking status details.

Surely after 3 years C&S could have fixed the linking problem.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

But I click the box for the buyer to have tracking events sent to them directly.

So they don't need a clickable link because they get the info automatically.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Yes, so do I. But not all sellers do that. The last few items that I've bought have been processed through C&S but I haven't received any emails from Aus Post.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

* 'cause it's just so hard to paste the number into the Auspost site and click. 

Latest reply

It remains that there are buyers who do not understand why the tracking link in ebay does not work and are not as familiar with the AP website and its tracking.  I also send tracking advice, however I also expect that some others will have these directed to their SPAM if they are a frequent purchaser as I used to, and that some may even have a separate email addy that they never view, to avoid constant purchase, discount, feedback reminders etc ebay spam.

Now, whilst I am pretty confident that, I and some other sellers are happy to explain to buyers seeking tracking advice, that the link is broken on ebay ..... the website address is .... go to the menu and select tracking item.... enter the number and press search .... etc etc etc .... IMO it would be much better for all concerned if the link was fixed and it worked.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Yes, it is for some buyers, especially if they're new to buying online. And eBay keeps reminding us that all the changes are to 'improve the buyer experience'.

As Cats posted, this is one simple fix that is long overdue.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply