Aus Post parcel says "delivered" but I received nothing, not even a note

I'm sure you've heard this issue before, but it's the first time I've encountered it.

Going to use XXX to keep specific places hidden.

Using the Aus Post tracking number, standard delivery:

- 1/8: Received By Australia Post - XXX VIC

- 2/8: With Australia Post for delivery today - MITCHELL ACT, 7:25am

- 2/8:  Delivered - MITCHELL ACT, 2:16pm

I am from ACT but not MITCHELL, I'm from another suburb. No where on here is my suburb shown. It just has MITCHELL ACT twice. It says that it is complete/delivered, but I didn't receive anything at home, not even the note to collect it from the post office. 

I called Australia Post and gave them all the details and lodged a "dispute case" or "missing case" or whatever it is.

What happens from here? What could've possibly happened?

If things go extra sour and it is not located, what do I do about getting my money back? I bought it using PayPal. But if the seller did send it to the correct address then this is on Australia Post. 

The thing that I bought is worth ~ $750. Will Aus Post cover? eBay seller? I'm so lost. Help.

Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

For that amount of money it should have signature on delivery to help locate it.

If the address of delivery does not match the address on ebay records then you should get your money back.

Call ebay as they are all about helping the buyers.

Message 2 of 79
Latest reply

When I called Aus Post, they said that it didn't have signature on delivery. It was "standard" or whatever.

Message 3 of 79
Latest reply

First is to not be too worried as tracking can have some weird comments occasionaly and to contact the seller who can check the tracking and know what postage service they used. Also confirm your postal address with the seller, did AP confirm the postal address on the parcel.

You can also contact your local post office to see if the parcel is there.

Message 4 of 79
Latest reply

Was the parcel big or small. They can leave it in a safe place if they feel it will be ok, although usually tracking will say safe drop.

Message 5 of 79
Latest reply

When I called Aus Post they said that they couldn't get the address that it was posted to simply from the tracking number? This is really stupid imo. Currently waiting for seller to confirm postal address.

I had to tell him my address. I've lodged a "customer enquiry".

Message 6 of 79
Latest reply

I thought they may have had atleast a suburb that would show to see why MITCHELL was showing.

Message 7 of 79
Latest reply

Upon checking the tracking number again, it says "Express Postage". Doesn't this have signature on delivery?

Edit: You can add it, but it isn't included by default.

Message 8 of 79
Latest reply

Contact the seller - they will hopefully be able to provide a copy or record of the address label (if created online, anyway) and can also generally find out more information about the delivery from Australia Post than the recipient can (AP have changed the rules and it's the sender who now has to initiate a full investigation. I had a case recently where a package was misdelivered and a picture was taken of where the parcel was left. AP wouldn't send me the photo because I wasn't the recipient, but they described the surroundings to me. My customer had called them before contacting me, and they gave her no information at all, never even mentioned the photo - through relating the description, in my case they were able to determine it was delivered to the next door neighbour and the package was retreived). 

Just to note, packages valued at $750+ (including postage), must have signature on delivery to be eligible for seller protection, so hopefully your seller at least insured the parcel so that if AP have stuffed up, no one loses that amount of money. 

Message 9 of 79
Latest reply

I have asked the seller to confirm the address they sent it to and if the tracking number provided was correct. They said they'll get back to me at night. It's a new seller so I'm kind of scared, but they are very responsive and answered many of my Qs.

I'm going to the MITCHELL AP now. Should I contact eBay next, or wait for this AP fiasco to play out?

Message 10 of 79
Latest reply