Australia Post, USPS and Royalmail are killing the Golden Goose

The recent rise in international parcel post charges by killing international trade by making it too expensive to sell internationally. Is this a case of them killing the Golden Goose by trying to cash in on the increased parcel traffic or is it an intentional strategy by the respective Governments to prop up the local retailers profits by making it to expensive to buy from other western countries?? Don't they realise that by doing this they just encourage more trade with China and other countries in Asia that provide cheap delivery and low prices??

I just don't get it!

A 2kg parcel from the UK is now a minimum of £33 ($48) and a medium size Priority Flat Rate Box from the US is US$59.95!! So much for buying from the US and the UK......

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Australia Post, USPS and Royalmail are killing the Golden Goose

Yes I think you're dead right, what's more, that's the reason our international trade on ebay has recently been cut so severely, so we're forced to trade with them if we're looking for something special that we can't get here.

I like looking for small antiques but now I find I'm locked out of a lot of the places I used to go to.

I compete with dropshippers who can often sell for my postage cost, or less.

Yet I still sell.

Sorry, trev

Message 31 of 31
Latest reply