Australia post

So lucky me. I got to spend the day being transfered back and forth talking to aus post.

I have an order with a tracking number comming up as delivered but it wasn't and the suburb is not mine and not a suburb that has mail from my area go to.

I asked where it was delievered is it not on the system no it's not.

turns out unless you get a delivery signed for there is no way to track if something goes wrong.

So paying for tracking means nothing you might as well send it normal post.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Australia post

All parcels have tracking. C&S parcels have, allegedly, trackiong to the door. I never charge buyers for my protection. If your seller won't wear the problem, as they probably shouldn't if tracking shows delivered, I strongly suggest you or the seller take the matter to the PIO. The more that do, the less AP's cavalier attitude to items entrusted to their care, for a price, will be acceptable.

I've heard all sorts of AP horror stories, but the bottom line is they take the money. They are then obligated to provide the advertised service (regardless of SOD or insurance). If this doesn't happen, they HAVE to be liable for nonperformance of the contract. As said, this might take a bit of work, but in the end everybody benefits.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

I checked the tracking of a package this morn.

Try this - C&S parcel delivered 5.01 AM, Oct 4 at Buddina.  I didn't know they delivered to your house at that time of the morn.

I get the feeling that some people who work for AP haven't been trained properly - the above parcel should have been marked as in transit at Buddina OR awaiting collection OR on board with driver for delivery today.

I posted 3 items on Oct 1 in rural Victoria, so that Qld parcel did very well, as did the registered letter that was delivered Oct 3 at Caboolture (goodness knows whether this has been delivered to the buyer's house or just the PO.  BUT the parcel sent to a small town near Benalla has no sign of it arriving yet (alright, alright I know it's only been 3 days, but if they can deliver to Qld why not within Vic).

Excellent service AusPost for those items that got to Queensland in 2-3 days.

I've almost had to train my PO people, so now I walk in the door they say to me & see what I'm posting, they tell me I want the C&S package lodged or if a normal package, they ask whether I need the postcode on the receipt - for anyone who doesn't know, the postcode request is on line 5 on the AP computer.  I also got told by my local PO that packages that get lodged over the counter now don't always get a receipt.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

@peridot55555 wrote:

I get the feeling that some people who work for AP haven't been trained properly -

Ya think?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

As a seller I either use click & send or signature required or I just refund without question if a buyer says they have not received their item as 99 times out of 100 the ordinary tracking only shows delivery to the nearest mail centre which means nothing, I have had items, one of them from overseas, show as delivered but there was no mention of anything saying it was delivered to my address. I won the Paypal disputes.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

Yeh I will be going for a refund but I do feel bad because the area it went to is close to mine and I think its unfair that the seller looks to have done everything right.

They have contacted aus post and say they will get back to me in a few days. I'll give em time because I hope they can get money back from aus post.

I guess my real frustration is that we are paying for a service that is not being done right and it means someone is out of pocket.

I know I have paypal protection but what about the seller what protection do they have from this sort of stuff.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

@belindabargainhunter wrote:

I know I have paypal protection but what about the seller what protection do they have from this sort of stuff.

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but you may not have Buyer Protection from PayPal. You would only be eligible for Buyer Protection if the seller does not have proof of postage, and while tracking alone doesn't mean that they do, it does mean there's a decent chance that the seller can prove they posted it. 

I am not trying to alarm you, and I hope your seller can help resolve the issue favourably one way or another, but you should know that if it came to a dispute, the delivery status would essentially be irrelevant.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

Dig, I won a dispute recently where the post code that the item was delivered to was not mine or of any relevance to me, so PayPal said that there was no proof that the tracking number for that parcel was actually assigned to my purchase. (ie that the seller possibly' sent someone else a package but attributed it to me iykwim.

they hadn't lodged over the counter though, so there was no proof of where the parcel had originated, the only trace of it was in the final sorting centre ready for dispatch - even though it was marked as delivered, they had no record of where it was deliverd to.

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

@crikey*mate wrote:

Dig, I won a dispute recently where the post code that the item was delivered to was not mine or of any relevance to me, so PayPal said that there was no proof that the tracking number for that parcel was actually assigned to my purchase. (ie that the seller possibly' sent someone else a package but attributed it to me iykwim.

they hadn't lodged over the counter though, so there was no proof of where the parcel had originated, the only trace of it was in the final sorting centre ready for dispatch - even though it was marked as delivered, they had no record of where it was deliverd to.

Did the seller supply any other form of proof of postage, though? More specifically, did they have any evidence that the parcel that tracking number was assigned to was addressed to you? 

Where the parcel originated isn't necessarily important, because if I send something through C&S, I get a record of the tracking number, plus the address the parcel was posted to. If I drop it in a street box and there is only one scan at a delivery centre some time later, I have everything I need to provide PayPal with proof of postage, even if the item is delivered to the wrong place, or never delivered at all. And, according to PayPal's current eligibility requirements, if a seller provides adequate proof of postage, the buyer isn't eligible for Buyer Protection.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post

i don't know how they posted it Digi, they never said, I'm guessing that was a PayPal thing.

It actually went to a sorting centre in another state! That was the only scan recorded by aus post apart from saying it was delivered, but they couldn't then say where it was delivered to.

I assume that the point of origin was in some way connected to the seller, ie that it wasn't just a random number they plucked from somewhere. that at least if it could show it had come from their postcode that there was a better chance they had actually posted it and not an entirely different person. iykwim.

But I get what you mean about click and send, but I guess this seller didn't use click and send cos I won the case.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply