BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: BEWARE Global shipping program

I'm not sure how they do things at the GSP but normal procedures within shipping companies do not include the packages to be ripped open, thrown around, and even driven over... yes one parcel I received had tyre marks.    I buy a lot of things through eBay and not once have I had an issue with shipping damage when the seller posts the items themselves.    However if the seller uses the GSP I truly can say that 9 times out of 10 the parcel arrives looking like it's been shipped via the front line in Afghanistan......  

i have been taking photos of parcels for quite a while now and have a nice collection, the most recent attached.

in summary... avoid the GSP at all cost.

Message 131 of 311
Latest reply

I have never had anything as badly damaged as that.....were the contents damaged?

Message 132 of 311
Latest reply

I have been buying several items recently from UK and USA. I am now getting sick of the ridiculous charges. My UK seller had his item as "Free Postage" I had to pay $28. He didnt know why I was being charged and couldnt change his listing. My US seller this week paid USD$11 to ship it. I paid $40 extra plus his $11. PBI did nothing to his package apart from sticking a couple of labels on it. There was stuff all padding in the parcel and the item arrived with some damage. I now email all sellers telling them I will not buy from them because they are using GSP.
Gumtree AU and UK here I come.
Message 133 of 311
Latest reply

Good luck with Gumtree. Why single out the UK? They have the GSP too.

Message 134 of 311
Latest reply

I order an item from US and it’s coming via GSP. Postage $60 but the item is 1m x 40cm 30cm and 14 kg.

I am happy with that postage cost.

I sent a 1kg shoe box to US and auspost charged me $80 which is steep
Message 135 of 311
Latest reply

I haven't compared your cost with USPS but I know when I got my heavy item (between 10 and 15kg), it was far cheaper. I think it was about $69 with GSP and around $150 with USPS. I can't remember now for sure as it's a few years ago, but there was a massive difference in the price.

Message 136 of 311
Latest reply

Yep, perfectly normal. I ordered a Pelican case #1630 from a US supplier through GSP last year - it's 80cm x 62cm x 45cm / 15kg, and shipping cost was $59 to Australia.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 137 of 311
Latest reply

I wish I had known this before hand. I'm having a fight with them about a box that was a 2 box delivery, and 1 never showed up here in Australia. Opened a case on item, but got closed because the item is "delivered". I have all the proof the seller send 2 boxes, but Fedex Australia only got 1 box out of the US.

Message 138 of 311
Latest reply

You should have opened an Item Not As Described dispute rather than Not Received.

Go to paypal and open the correct dispute and see how you go.

Message 139 of 311
Latest reply

DO NOT USE GLOBAL SHIPPING, THEY DENY ALL RESPONSIBILITY, AND EBAY WILL NOT ASSIST YOU IN THE MATTER OTHER THAN TO SAY ITS A PARTNER COMPANY, NOT EBAYS, ANY ISSUES YOU NEED TO CONTACT THEM. DO NOT USE THE GLOBAL SHIPPING OPTION

Message 140 of 311
Latest reply