BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: BEWARE Global shipping program

If you had read the boards you would know that the warning you have posted is the information that responders on the boards have been posting since the GSP was introduced.

Nothing new at all.

Message 141 of 311
Latest reply

C'mon Lyndal.

Most of the others didn't shout.

Message 142 of 311
Latest reply

So most of the others have a working knowledge of internet etiquette.....thankfully.

Message 143 of 311
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

C'mon Lyndal.

Most of the others didn't shout.

True, but this one used punctuation!

Message 144 of 311
Latest reply

I will not buy anything GSP. Expensive and slow. 1 week to get from Burbank to Kentucky to Los Angeles. I could walk it quicker
Message 145 of 311
Latest reply

Only a week of travels within the USA.....you are very lucky.  Nothing to complain about there.  One of mine took 3 weeks for it's tour of the USA before leaving for Australia.

Message 146 of 311
Latest reply

Not via Kentucky, you couldn't.

Message 147 of 311
Latest reply

I'm having a similar problem at the moment.Purchased some motorcycle parts from theUS ,over $2000 worth.Posted using the GPS .I received an e bay tracking number and last week in Australia a delivery guy turned up on my doorstep with a package.Only problem was that the box contained a used silencer.That was all I got.The tracking number said  Delivered.I e mailed the seller who gave me a UPS tracking number which showed that the items were delivered to UPS on a particular day and time,that they weighed 72.80 pounds.I lodged an"item not received" claim with e bay.This was rejected by e bay as they claimed he produced evidence that the items were sent.How can 72 lbs. of parts turn into i muffler weighing 3 kgs?  A label on the package I got said"item 1 of1"It's no wonder the Yanks love their guns,wouldn't you just love to get loose amongst the "Help desk" staff with a shotgun. I contacted e bay by phone and was put through to a call centre in the Phillipines.The helper I spoke to conversed in a sing song murmur which I couldn't understand a word of.  These grubs are making a fortune out of Global shipping and e bay makes it almost impossible to make a successful claim.

Message 148 of 311
Latest reply

You shouldn't have claimed item not received because you did receive something and tracking says so too. Go to PayPal and open an item not as described dispute. You received an item but it's different to what was described in the listing, so you have a case as far as that goes. 

You have 180 days to open a dispute with PayPal, but open the dispute as soon as possible to get the ball rolling. Come back here once you've opened it and you have received a response and someone here will tell you how to proceed next. 

Message 149 of 311
Latest reply

You shot yourself in the foot by opening the wrong dispute.

You did receive a parcel so th dispute would be closed immdiately.

Do as Tippy says....open a dispute for Item Not As Described in paypal and go from there.

Message 150 of 311
Latest reply