BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Pitney Bowes has been purchased by Syncsoft anyway but it is a massive rourte... As state PB is a logistics company full of shiny suit waring rouges...

I just purchased two lego figure from the US to Australia at a price on $9.99, $12 shipping, and then $6.50 duty on a $10 dollar item.. it is a massive scam... im done with ordering sh#t from the US...

Message 301 of 311
Latest reply

@kyussdude wrote:

Pitney Bowes has been purchased by Syncsoft anyway but it is a massive rourte rort... As state PB is a logistics company full of shiny suit waring wearing rouges rogues...

Nope, they only bought the data and software part of PB not the parcel forwarding service.

https://www.precisely.com/press-release/syncsort-completes-acquisition-of-the-pitney-bowes-software-...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 302 of 311
Latest reply

Re: BEWARE Global shipping program

in reply to 4channel

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Global Shipping does not accept a PO Box for the delivery address as they do not deliver there.

All up, It wouldn't be more than a handful of times that I have dealt with sellers having Global Shipping on their sales. From memory, the last tthree  times ( Last being where item was damaged yet again ), the items were sent to my P.O. box. So my question to daffyduk included asking about a P.O. box.

Message 303 of 311
Latest reply

@kyussdude wrote:

Pitney Bowes has been purchased by Syncsoft anyway but it is a massive rourte... As state PB is a logistics company full of shiny suit waring rouges...

I just purchased two lego figure from the US to Australia at a price on $9.99, $12 shipping, and then $6.50 duty on a $10 dollar item.. it is a massive scam... im done with ordering sh#t from the US...

Hey dude, I hear you!  But don't give up just yet. I understand how you feel though. Look, I have had great success with asking sellers if they could please re-list and send item(s) via USPS First Class Int. or in the UK the via normal AirMail. Many sellers have no idea that their auctions / sales have  the Pitney Bowes GSP as the shipping format. They're usually more than happy to change it for me.,

Message 304 of 311
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Re: BEWARE Global shipping program

in reply to 4channel

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Global Shipping does not accept a PO Box for the delivery address as they do not deliver there.

All up, It wouldn't be more than a handful of times that I have dealt with sellers having Global Shipping on their sales. From memory, the last tthree  times ( Last being where item was damaged yet again ), the items were sent to my P.O. box. So my question to daffyduk included asking about a P.O. box.

I am surprised that the GSP is now accepting a PO Box address.  The only time I have used it was when it was first introduced and you could not buy/pay with a PO Box.

I guess that has changed because FedEx now hands small parcels to AP for delivery as e-Parcels instead of delivering everything themselves.

Message 305 of 311
Latest reply

Yeah, I'd say that's what it is. The first delivery I had from them was via Fed Ex and they delivered to a site where I was working. Some time later, I was surprised that a my other order was sent to my P.O. box.

Message 306 of 311
Latest reply

This GSP is absolutely ridiculous. I ordered a pair of decals shipping cost $30usd for decals that cost 20usd, to Australia Seller shipped on the 23rd July arrives in kentucky on the 29 july, then sits there till the 8th or 9th august then only 'its in the air' and its the 12th August today and auspost still hasn't recieved it.  AVOID sellers that use  GSP at all costs.

Message 307 of 311
Latest reply

Really do we need to keep hasshing up an 8 year old thread,

PS. have you seen how Aiustralia Post stuff to the US is taking 6 plus weeks,  not sure if you heard there is a pandemic and all shipping is taking forever

Message 308 of 311
Latest reply

@pauli_501 wrote:

This GSP is absolutely ridiculous. I ordered a pair of decals shipping cost $30usd for decals that cost 20usd, to Australia Seller shipped on the 23rd July arrives in kentucky on the 29 july, then sits there till the 8th or 9th august then only 'its in the air' and its the 12th August today and auspost still hasn't recieved it.  AVOID sellers that use  GSP at all costs.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi, I understand how you feel. There is some good news amongst all of this. You can ask sellers to opt out of the GSP program and most are happy to do so. Many have no idea that GSP has attached itself to their auctions / sales.  For some years I have been following some advice by elmih22 in a US eBay forum.

-----------------------------------------------------

How to opt out of global shipping program

elmih22
‎07-10-2013 12:42 AM

You CAN opt out of the Global Shipping Program.

Go to:

My eBay > My account > Site Preferences > Shipping preferences > EDIT > click 'yes' on 'opt out of the GSP > you will get this:

'You successfully opted out of the Global Shipping Program'.

Also you can 'check' the countries/continents where you do NOT want to ship to. You can check all the places you do NOT want to ship to, besides countries/continents - like PO Boxes, etc.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-International-Trading/How-to-opt-out-of-global-shipping-progra...

------------------------------------------------------

If a seller has no idea on how to change, or is somewhat confused, I just C&P what elmih22  in the US said.

Best wishes to you going forward.

Cheers

Message 309 of 311
Latest reply

I just won't buy from sellers that use it...

Message 310 of 311
Latest reply