BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

This has not changed. When I see GSP as the preferred shipping method, I do not buy the product. I have had two valueable jewelry shipments "disappear" when they get to the PB Office in Australia. Both the Vendor and I receive a refund but it is highly annoying when you have invested time to find the right item and get it for a fabulous price, only to have it stolen by PB. 

Message 291 of 311
Latest reply

@atagirl*linda wrote:

This has not changed. When I see GSP as the preferred shipping method, I do not buy the product. I have had two valueable jewelry shipments "disappear" when they get to the PB Office in Australia. Both the Vendor and I receive a refund but it is highly annoying when you have invested time to find the right item and get it for a fabulous price, only to have it stolen by PB. 

Very true! What a lot of people don't get or those who won't admit it is the time lost. You summed it up very well. Also they say "Oh well the seller's happy because they don't get stung fior loss or damage". Well true sellers with heart and decency want to see customer satisfaction. Well there's none of that and you've given an example.  One of many. Cheers.

Message 292 of 311
Latest reply

@atagirl*linda wrote:

If your item arrived in Australia it was not stolen by Pitney Bowes.....they do not have an office in Australia.

Once items have been processed by PB and handed to the international courier PB does not see the items again.

Why did your seller get a refund?  They were paid for the items before sending them so did not lose anything when the items went missing.

The only refund due would have been to you.

Message 293 of 311
Latest reply

Purchased a very expensive piece from the USA almost 90 days ago.  Shipping costs were over the top through their Global Shipping Program.  The item has never arrived, despite tracking saying it was delivered 2 weeks ago.  Looks like it might have been dumped on the ground out the front.  No party wants to be held responsible and all blame each other.  I cant afford to lose $2k.  eBay Aust cant help me at all because its over 30 days  - the clock is ticking on the 90 day Paypal cut off.   

Message 294 of 311
Latest reply

How did you get a refund?  And from whom?

Message 295 of 311
Latest reply

@zodiac_woman wrote:

Purchased a very expensive piece from the USA almost 90 days ago.  Shipping costs were over the top through their Global Shipping Program.  The item has never arrived, despite tracking saying it was delivered 2 weeks ago.  Looks like it might have been dumped on the ground out the front.  No party wants to be held responsible and all blame each other.  I cant afford to lose $2k.  eBay Aust cant help me at all because its over 30 days  - the clock is ticking on the 90 day Paypal cut off.   

PayPal is 180 days from the date of sale. No idea where you got 90 days from. 

As far as I'm aware, as a GSP item reaches each point, it shows as delivered. So, when the seller sends it to Erlanger, it will say delivered when it arrives. Then when it hits Australia, it will say delivered. Often you get a new tracking number for each leg, so check for new tracking numbers in your purchase history.

If the shipping was over the top, why did you buy?

Message 296 of 311
Latest reply

brtuck-71
Community Member
My parcel didn’t even get here with global
and it shows on tracking it did there’s $270
Down the drain
Message 297 of 311
Latest reply

Maybe you should read the eBay T&Cs.

Message 298 of 311
Latest reply

@brtuck-71 wrote:

My parcel didn’t even get here with global
and it shows on tracking it did there’s $270
Down the drain

Hi, sorry to hear of your dilemma. Could you please tell us when you ordered it, when it was supposedly delivered and was it to a P.O. box or home address.

Yeah, $270 is not good.

Message 299 of 311
Latest reply

Global Shipping does not accept a PO Box for the delivery address as they do not deliver there.

Message 300 of 311
Latest reply