BID RETRACTION AND AUCTION POLICY

austmann76
Community Member

Hello Ebay community. I am writing about this topic as i feel that some of the Ebay policies are not in the best interests of users of Ebay and that it should be changed to make Ebay a better place for all. 

I think that Ebay is mostly a good place and a good idea as it gives individual persons the opportunity to list items that they no longer need and to be able to make a few dollars on their unwanted items instead of ending up as landfill or crushed up into a little metal rectangle by the scrap yard and wasted.

I however do not agree with some of Ebay's rules that being bid retractions and listings. Fair enough if I was at City Motor Auction Group in Brisbane ( which is an automotive auction house ) and bidded on an item no bid retraction should be available because you have time to inspect the vehicle and look all around it and check all paperwork. It is an in house, on the spot, auction that you can see what you are bidding on in front of you. With Ebay however 40% or more of the time there is no way you can view an item and it is bid at your own risk.

Because of this I think bid retractions should be allowed and I will be trying to get support on this issue from other members.

I think another problem Ebay faces is items sold outside of Ebay and then the item does not get removed by the seller which makes a big confusion, or items that are listed being pulled off in the last day or hour because the seller does not like the price he/she are going to get for the item, or other Ebay members accounts being used to boost the price of an item.

Things like this happening can be minimized by having a rule that once an item is listed it is listed and cannot be removed or deleted and has to run the full term of the listing chosen. The seller should have the opportunity to read this condition of sale but once he clicks accept and the item is listed he can not then remove or delete the item and it has to run the full term of the listing. Legal proceedings should take place againt the seller if sold outside of ebay because item can not be deleted and he has accepted the conditions of sale.

I think that this would minimize instances previously described happening and make Ebay a better place for all.

Take my poll if you agree or disagree with having bid retractions and fixed term listings.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: BID RETRACTION AND AUCTION POLICY

Yeah, the quotes are working gangbusters again.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

This should become a Dead Thread.

TCT
Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

austmann76
Community Member

Lets just see how it goes first. If you dont like it dont post.

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

:_|

TCT
Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

Bid retractions already exist on ebay, they have to its law in Australia at any auction no matter what or where it is hence ebay has it already , sure they try to hide it and try to make it sound like you shouldnt do it but the fact is in any auction house in Australia a bidder has the right buy LAW to retract there bid anytime they like as long as the hammer hasnt fallen, Now in an auction room this is very very very rare thing as you simple dont have the time to do it or are not aware you can even though this policy is explained buy law before the commencement of any auction buy the auctionear. Now with ebay you have much more time to think about it so ebay try to make it sound like your not allowed to do, but that simply isnt how it is and no matter what you want or your poll wants the LAW states that it must be allowed and it is you just got to know where ebay keep it.  It is simple to find once you know  its called a bid retraction form its found hidden away in a pharagraph towards the bottom of there list of do,s and donts on bid retractions. They dont like you using it and if it wasnt for Australian law it wouldnt be there. Simply get the items auction page up click on the bit that says number of current bids which takes you to a page showing the current bidders,heres where it get funny if you havent bid on the item it wont show but if you have in the lower pharagraph you will see highlighted retract bid click on that it will take you to another page with all the spin on dont do it blah blah , but at the bottom of that page hidden in the last pharagraph you will see where it says BID RETRACTION FORM click that then just enter the item number and your reason pick one of the 3 they give you and whalla your ll done. It is law in Australia a consumer has the rightn to remove his bid at any time before the hammer falls so no matter what you or ebay would like that wont happen anytime soon.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

1sweetap6v8 B&M auction LAWS do not apply to ebay auctions, they are not really auctions at all but offers to treat. There is no LAW that dictates if bid retractions can or cannot be made within ebay, there are only the ebay policies.

Could you please learn to use paragraphs as your rants posts are extremely hard to read without them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

They are as clever as the expert OP.

TCT
Message 37 of 37
Latest reply