Banned by seller for making a 'best offer'

kidres0
Community Member

Some idiot had an item he listed for $14 AUD and I made an 'best offer' of $7 AUD and he rejected the offer, then banned me. There was not a word exchanged between us, all that was exchanged was a 'best off'. Which is fine. Wouldn't want to deal with that cockroache anyway. But why can I still see his listings? It's like ebay is trying to troll me. If I can't buy anything from this jerk, why do I have to see his listings?

Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

You are the only one that made the statement 'it is the buyers fault'

Take ten seconds and do a search on the forum to see how many posts there are from sellers asking why 'best offer' has been inserted on their listings, or read the infromation from eBay about 'why they do it'

Sorry you do not like honest answers but that is what most people here give

If you do not want to see the seller's listings any longer, that is something you will need to contact eBay about as it is their doing

And as you are aware,it is agianst forum rules to 'name and shame' . Go for it if you choose to do it anyway, but a mod will remove it once they come on-line and it's not going to be the seller that gets a slap. A bit cutting off your nose to spite your face but do whatever you want *shrug* 

I would not even bother bidding/trying to bid if I did not like things I read in the feedback

Message 11 of 203
Latest reply

And you were given the answer in the first reply to your post

Message 12 of 203
Latest reply

I have made plenty of offers over the years and to my knowledge I have never been blocked for doing so.  But I have never insulted a seller by offering 50% of the asking price.

I think if you asked the sellers on the boards what they would do when they received a really low offer you would find a number of them would block the buyer.

Yes, a seller could counter offer but most of them would not want to bother dealing with a buyer who would offer such a low amount.

The don't want to waste their time.

Message 13 of 203
Latest reply

As lyndal and others have said a 50% offer on something is a joke, I've made plenty of offers on items listed on eBay but my first offer would be at least 80% of the asking price, leaving me room to haggle with the seller a bit.

To be honest, I'm not surprised the seller blocked you - they would have seen you as a tyre-kicker at best and a possible difficult customer as well.

If you want to stop seeing that seller in your searches, go to "more refinements" on the LHS and you can eliminate certain sellers from your search results. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 203
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

You are the only one that made the statement 'it is the buyers fault'

Take ten seconds and do a search on the forum to see how many posts there are from sellers asking why 'best offer' has been inserted on their listings, or read the infromation from eBay about 'why they do it'

Sorry you do not like honest answers but that is what most people here give

If you do not want to see the seller's listings any longer, that is something you will need to contact eBay about as it is their doing

And as you are aware,it is agianst forum rules to 'name and shame' . Go for it if you choose to do it anyway, but a mod will remove it once they come on-line and it's not going to be the seller that gets a slap. A bit cutting off your nose to spite your face but do whatever you want *shrug* 

I would not even bother bidding/trying to bid if I did not like things I read in the feedback

I don't know where the hell those posts are and I did take 10 seconds to look for it just now. I did Google it and the first mention I saw said it was only on bid items. This was a Buy It Now item. But it is NOT my problem. This is between the seller and ebay, it is not the buyers problem.

Message 15 of 203
Latest reply

@kidres0 wrote:

I don't know where the hell those posts are and I did take 10 seconds to look for it just now. 

It took me about 20seconds to find it.............

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/How-long-has-ebay-been-encouraging-offers-on-listings-witho...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 203
Latest reply

If you don't want to even see that seller's listings, it can be done.

On your search page, on the left hand side, down the bottom, is 'refinements'

Click on that and a window will come up.

refinements.PNG

Click on 'seller' on the left hand side.

Then tick the box that shows 'only show items from'

Then type in the seller's name, then click on 'Apply'

Save the search as a bookmark, and you'll never see their items again.

Done and dusted.   Works for me.

Message 17 of 203
Latest reply

You need to save that search as a bookmark and come in that way, every time.

Message 18 of 203
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@kidres0 wrote:

I don't know where the hell those posts are and I did take 10 seconds to look for it just now. 

It took me about 20seconds to find it.............

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/How-long-has-ebay-been-encouraging-offers-on-listings-witho...

And that's not the button I used. I have never used that 'best offer' button. I used the 'best offer' button right there on the sellers item listing.

Message 19 of 203
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

You need to save that search as a bookmark and come in that way, every time.

Considering I run dozens of searches every day right now, that is not acceptable. And possibly not even workable. I will give it a look into all the same. Thanks.

Message 20 of 203
Latest reply