Beware of any warranty

Recently I purchased a replacement lithium battery for my Dyson vacuum cleaner.

The seller advertised a 3-year warranty.

However, within 6 months it went dead. The seller ignored my complaint.

I have learned from my mistake: such warranty in E-bay is useless.

Moreover, I have learned that Ebay cannot punish the seller.

I believe the seller is still advertising procuct the same way until now.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Beware of any warranty

Day 8 of my 'holiday', no sales in the last 2 days, all my book purchases sorted and ready to go = boredom.

I couldn't let THAT accusation go once I saw it. Especially when you advertise. Smiley Wink

Interesting to see what goes on there. And the use of out-of-context posts from the real boards to bolster a particular member's point. Even when a simple view of the 'exemplar''s posts would see a pattern that had nothing to do with supporting 'bullied' members and everything to do with attacking posters.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Beware of any warranty

The accusation is now gone.

Dave CS poster's are a breed apart.

I was in Canberra for 3 days last week...I waved.

Tippy you obviously don't know Melbourne.  It's hardly summer down here.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Beware of any warranty

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Most of the helpful posters read these threads before the Moderators do their jobs and we DO know where the seller is located.

Three of us can assure you the seller is in China....but does it really matter?

You can still offer your platitudes without knowing where the seller is located.....after the OP has been given useful help.

I was just asking. Well OK, so obviously the seller is in China. Now I know. Anyway I had an idea to help but since the seller is in China, it's no good.

It's a hit and  miss thing buying from China. Always tempting at low price but sadly in the case of the OP's experience it's a miss.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Beware of any warranty

Yes, I think that's true. And no one wants a miss on an expensive item.

I have bought from China but I find it's best for smaller items where you aren't going to need a warranty.

Anything that is electrical or could break down or where you care about the warranty, I personally think is best bought in Australia.

I decided this a while back after a friend bought a new (and expensive) SLR camera from an overseas seller but item based in Australia.

The camera arrived no worries but was faulty and my friend got a shock as she was asked to return it to Hong Kong or Singapore or soemwhere like that. Which she did and from memory they did repair it and it was returned to her with no problems, so she was lucky, but she found the whole transaction stressful and said she would never have bought it if she had known it wasn't an Australian model or Australian based.

These days, I wouldn't touch anything like that on ebay without asking a dozen pointed questions first.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Beware of any warranty

@imastawka wrote:

The accusation is now gone.

Dave CS poster's are a breed apart.

I was in Canberra for 3 days last week...I waved.

Tippy you obviously don't know Melbourne.  It's hardly summer down here.

Yeah, I know. We had sleet during the week! Today the doors and windows are open, with a lovely cool breeze coming in. Although I might have to turn a fan on as I have the oven on and I can feel something other than cool.

Spoiler
I would be happy for winter temps all year round.
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Beware of any warranty

I waved back

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply