Beware of using eBay and PayPal - they actively support scammers !!!

Over the past number of months as regular uses of eBay and PayPal services we have been defrauded of more than $300 with scam items of very low cheap quality that have been misrepresented as high quality products. Due to the cheap items been sent eBay and PayPal are refusing to refund because something similar to the describe product was sent. 

for instance my wife ordered a $60 usd sports bra that was claim to provide support with high quality images of a very stylish supporting bra but we were sent a cheap $2 bra that is like a training bra and when we described the case to the resolution centre after 2 months we were denied a refund.

we also ordered a silicone posing baby doll used by photographers in newborn photography that is suppose to be flexible and remain in various poses but again we were sent a sub $2 plastic doll in place of the expensive posing doll described in the ad. Again after a lengthy wait we were refused a refund.

i want to offer some advise. Beware eBay and PayPal are allowing these transaction to profiteer off of the sales. They are increasing refusing to provide buyer security that they market on there site. I refuse to be a victim and am logging complaints with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority

good bye eBay and PayPal.  I will no longer be a customer nor a victim to your scam supporting platform

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You should try it from a sellers side as well.

Many buyers scam sellers by getting refunds and keep the items.

Claiming not received and get refunds then refuse to repay when tracking shows as delivered.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Did you actually go back into the cases and escalate them?

If you don't do anything, and there's no activity, ebay will close the case in the seller's favour.

Learn to use tools that ebay provides, and stop whining because you don't read the policies.

Ebay don't read here, and Ebay won't miss you.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You describe lengthy waits after you opened disputes.....did you escalate the disputes to claims or did the disputes time out because of inactivity?

You cannot just do nothing after you opened the dispute.....how does ebay know you need help?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You have not mentioned following the correct procedure in your post

If indeed you did not do so, each and every time, I am not sure what you expect the Australian Financial Complaints Authority can or will do

If the proper process was followed, given what you have described, there would be no way that the sellers would have 'won' 

And if you did not follow the correct process each time, it is a very good idea you do not use any site which has such processes in place

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply