Blackban Sendle as a Fraudster

Every time a vendor uses Sendle, I don't get the package.  Sometimes I get a message to pick up the item at an out of the way agency.  Sometimes not even that.  I don't buy goods to have to pick them up from an address that isn't mine, and I know that the courier companies concerned haven't even tried delivery even if a driver claims I wasn't home or he couldn't access the premises. 

No one but Sendle people seem to have that problem.

I'm beginning to think Sendle is an organized fraud. How can I tell whether a vendor is using Sendle before ordering?  If I can't, my only option appears to be to stop using eBay altogether.  What does it take for eBay to listen about Sendle being a problem?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sendle is a courier broker that use the cheapest contractor available.

eBay have a deal with Sendle and a lot of people seem to have no issues.

My suggestions would be to -

not look for the cheapest price. The seller has to make money from the transaction somehow;

only buy from sellers who explicitly use Australia Post as a carriage method;

do your due diligence. It is on you if you persist on buying from sellers who use Sendle.

You don't seem to have many issues with sellers, according to your feedback left, and you've been a member for SEVEN years, so should have a basic grasp on how eBay works.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

So you said on your other rant

If you don’t know how to read listings, a very good idea to stop using the site

You will not be missed, eBay will not even notice 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Are you condoning fraud?  Seriously suggesting to me not to use eBay to look for competitive prices?  Too ignorant to know that eBay has not enabled making it visible who uses Sendle and who doesn't?

Thanks for patronizing me with completely irrelevant comments.  Or are you paid to shill for eBay?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Your response is so quick and off point that you must be a shill for eBay and/or Sendle.  Hope they pay better than they honour contracts.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

What fraud?

I suggested you not look at the bottom-dwellers - those likely to use the cheapest available postage method to make their business model work.

Maybe you should learn to read.

You came to the boards allegedly seeking help. I gave you relevant suggestions.

Whether you implement them is up to you. I couldn't give a rat's as you won't be buying anything from me.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Surely you've been on ebay long enough to read listings.

On the left-hand side of every listing are 2 tabs - one for 'about this item' and one for 'postage returns and payments'

Click on the postage tab to see who they use for postage.

And none of us are shills for ebay.

We are other members who give up their time to help those who come to the boards.

You're welcome.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Are rudeness and senseless accusations really the good way to introduce yourself in an online community?

As has been said, you are able to manually check postage details in the listings. You cannot, however, filter search results to exclude those which will be despatched using Sendle.

If you’re able to dial down your needless aggression, posters here might be inclined to offer further insights, but at this stage I am bowing out.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@pe-petst-v4fuokn wrote:

Every time a vendor uses Sendle, I don't get the package.  Sometimes I get a message to pick up the item at an out of the way agency.  Sometimes not even that.  I don't buy goods to have to pick them up from an address that isn't mine, and I know that the courier companies concerned haven't even tried delivery even if a driver claims I wasn't home or he couldn't access the premises. 

Not sure what you are going to do,  because the alternate Australia Post do exactly the same thing.  My guess is that 70% of our parcels go to the PO, rather than to the door.

Good luck.

Oh PS,  generally if they take it to the agency its because they don't have permission to dump on the door step.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Sendle do not do the deliveries themselves, they contract the jobs out to other companies.

In some areas, the company might be fine. Most things I have sent or been sent via 'sendle' have been fine, except for one parcel which was lost at the couriers for a couple of weeks. I had to get onto sendle to chase them up.

Obviously in your area, whatever company sendle uses is not doing the job properly.

All I can suggest is before you buy from ebay, contact the seller first and specifically ask if they can avoid posting via sendle if you buy from them.

Ebay are not likely to listen to you. They don't want random feedback from any of us anyway and the problem you face is that sendle works fine for a lot of other people. So just an issue here & there for some people won't cause them to change policy.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply