Bought item then seller cancelled order

I ordered an item and paid for it then asked seller(nicely)a day later would they be shipping it soon (as half the time you are left in limbo)then blow me down they messaged me with feeble excuse its restricted in Australia. I'm making a complaint to Ebay about this. This is wrong. Imagine the scenario in a store and you bought an item them the shopkeeper refused to hand it over. GIVE ME A BREAK. I think they got peeved off about me asking for shipping query and cancelled order.
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

If I choose to buy imported brands I'll do so thats my prerogative . And congratulations with your mouse traps from Bunnings well worth the money. I think they are cruel. Buy the traps that don't hurt the animal. Im sure you can buy them at a farm supplier outlet. And yes there is a Pet Barn near where I live.
Message 21 of 102
Latest reply

Michelle, when will you ever learn.  If it is not sellers trying to rip you off it is the neighbours or the postal workers.  I could easily fix your rodent problems with my 2 x 4 legged children.

Message 22 of 102
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
If I choose to buy imported brands I'll do so thats my prerogative . 

And I imagine you'll be playing a different tune when, not if, you get caught with illegal imports Michelle.......................

Also be aware that Customs and Quarantine will have access to your previous imports, eBay will be forced to provide those details, and that will have a bearing on the penalty imposed on you, especially the fact you've been caught at least once before.

For your own sake, if not for Tasmania's ecosystem, STOP NOW.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 102
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Well that was the shipping cost quoted that's why I bought it. And the shipping cost is 100% correct. Item #263159440428.

that number comes up blank . . . . . can't see the item/listing

Message 24 of 102
Latest reply

The seller had taken it off yesterday.
Message 25 of 102
Latest reply

I could probably upload the listing onto the forum but have to do it at library. As its still in my purchase list. I'll try tomorrow.
Message 26 of 102
Latest reply

found it

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Forti-Diet-Prohealth-Mouse-Rat/263159440428?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DS...

You might need to translate it from German to English.  I use Chrome on an iPad so I get a popup asking if I want it translated.  Here's the item description for those who can't translate:

FORTI DIET PROHEALTH MOUSE/RATA fresh blend of seeds, grains, and fortified supplements that meet high quality, nutritional standards of vets, etc.Proactive - with omega-3 fatty acids that support heart, brain and visual functions.Protection - rich in nat.

International Buyers โ€“ Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

So my questions, to you michelle, are:

Did you check with Australian Customs prior to buying as instructed in the seller's listing?

If "yes", what was their reply?

If "no", then why not?

Message 27 of 102
Latest reply

It's on ebay Germany  Smiley Frustrated

Google search brings it up.

Message 28 of 102
Latest reply

Yes I saw that in the listing. Im not sure, I pay and they send I dont get asked about that stuff.. I haven't bought of this seller before apart from Amazon.
Message 29 of 102
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Yes I saw that in the listing. Im not sure, I pay and they send I dont get asked about that stuff.. I haven't bought of this seller before apart from Amazon.

it's really simple, michelle.  If the listing description says "Please check with your country's customs office" then you do a google search for Australian Customs and you phone them and ask if that item requires a payment for treatment to be allowed into Australia.

Here, I did the search so you can write down this number for future reference:

131 881

Monday โ€“ Friday 8.30am โ€“ 4.30pm (except public holidays)

Message 30 of 102
Latest reply