Brought counterfeit chanel shoes (told authentic)

isapomp_0
Community Member

Hi,

I have purchased counterfit chanel shoes (I was told authentic) price point was about the price for authentic chanel shoes 2nd hand (it cost me around 700 aud. 

I asked the seller at least 3 times if they were real, to which the seller stated they were authentic and came eith an authenticity card. 

Once recieved the item, gave them to gift my mum. She wore them on her brithday causing injury, shoes buy that time looked fake, I got them authenticated and yes they were fake, (have the screenshots and receipts from 3rd parties). 

Unfortunately out of Ebay buyer protection. Sell contacted paypal a few days after the closing period and thus stated, she will refund back once item shipped (costing me about 100aud). 

I am worried to ship back item due to the seller then stating (item not in condition, item broken etc). As she had lied quite well regarding the couterfit products she sold me (legit has the authentication card in picture, shoes on all angles, box. 

As a gift my mum was happy with and trusting the seller, I didn't get them authenticated until after the accident. 

I am worried about sending the item back, paying that amount and then being duped again by this seller. 

Ebay, even though I have reported, still have her photos up for other luxury goods. A little lost as to what to do, as this is a large amount of money to lose. 

It's been 60 days now. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

isapomp_0
Community Member

Over 700/ closer to 800 aud * 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Just a question,  how did these shoes cause an injury. ?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

What happeend to your mother? Did she slip, twisting her ankle, or something like that?

My worry for you is it sounds as if the shoes have been badly damaged. Maybe a heel broke off or something. Or they are badly scuffed.

The seller has stated, by the sounds of it, that they will only refund if the shoes arrive back in the same condition as they were when sold.

I think you are right to worry but if it is something like the heel, you could claim that you would not expect a heel to be damaged on first wear with the genuine brand, they are poor quality, hence you getting them authenticated (or not). You also need to emphasize they were only worn once for a few hours.

If you do post them back, include a note to that effect and photocopy of your documentation. Send with tracking and signature.

If the seller does not refund, contact paypal again.

Ebay has an authentication program for expensive bags and shoes. It is independent of the seller. Personally, I would not pay $700 for a pair of shoes unless they came with this authentication. Never rely on just asking a seller. If they have advertised it as a genuine brand name, they are hardly going to write back and say well, no, it is a fake. They could be either a scammer or else they could genuinely believe the item to be the real thing.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Not sure eBay would give second thought to 3rd party opinions on authenticity.

And as we don't know - how - why - when - the ' accident ' occurred - it may not have been the fault of the shoes.

How do you prove they've only been worn once. ??

Escalators can eat the heels of shoes.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay's authentication programme is only for sneakers (and bags)

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

And as we don't know - how - why - when - the ' accident ' occurred - it may not have been the fault of the shoes.

Interesting, my sister recently had a serious accident outside a big green store, when she tripped over her shoelace,  I wonder if she can also blame the seller for that.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Not sure eBay would give second thought to 3rd party opinions on authenticity.

How do you prove they've only been worn once. ??

Escalators can eat the heels of shoes.

I wasn't suggesting it for ebay, I was suggesting it if the buyer sends the shoes back to the seller.
You can't prove shoes have only been worn once but the sole of the shoe should give an indication of whether it has been worn lightly.

Probably should add that if I were the buyer, I'd be contacting paypal independently to make a claim of not as described. I wouldn't rely on anything the seller has said about  opening a paypal claim or whatever.

Whether the claim will go through, I don't know. I'd be leaving out claims of the shoes being counterfeit or causing accidents.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply