Buy it Now transaction

Must be freaky saturday.

I just clicked BIN on an item,it took me to checkout where for some reason there was only 1 payment option when I normally have 4 options.

The option was PayPal but it was only payable by visa what the?

I normally pay with PayPal but it comes out of my bank account.

So ebay have for some reason removed all my other payment options,don't know why.

The payment was pending which made me scratch my head lol.

Then when I went and checked my PayPal there was no transaction for it.

Then the transaction has disappeared as if I didn't even purchase the item.

I've contacted the seller and explained what happened and if they cancelled the transaction for any reason,just waiting for an answer.

Has anyone else had their payment options with ebay removed?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Buy it Now transaction

Sounds like more of a payment/paypal problem to me, that's who I'd talk to first if it happened to me.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

If ebay has been fiddling with your payal account I would kick up the biggest stink that you can.

That is not on especially as ebay no longer owns paypal and there are many other businesses that accept paypal payments.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

Has access to your bank accounts been blocked.  Years ago my bank detected a suspicious transaction on one of my accounts.

They tried to contact me by phone but were unsuccessfull, so they blocked access to my accounts.  First I knew was when I tried

to use my card at an ATM,  didn't think too much about it until I realised that I could not use any online facilities.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Buy it Now transaction

Don't know if this is relevant to your situation but PayPal will randomly select e-cheque or credit card if a buyer has made more than a normal amount of purchases or items of large dollar amounts. As a security measure.

As for the transaction disappearing, no idea. Perhaps the seller didn't like the method of payment you chose. Smiley LOL

image host
Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

I would be reporting the seller to eBay and demanding they be kicked off eBay forever for being underhanded. They should be hung drawn and quartered immediately. Then this thread should exceed 100 messages after you spend the next week whinging about how ripped off you feel.

Spoiler
No, I've not had that with payments, but it's been a few weeks since I bought something. It was an OS purchase and I have funds in PayPal so it came from that.
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

I've got a bigger issue now as all my bids on other items have been deleted as though I never even bid on anything.

I contacted ebay and bam I've been blocked from purchasing on ebay and due to ebay's privacy policy they can't tell me why.

Not sure what has happened within the past 24 hours but it's not good,I don't have any issues with any sellers that I know of.

This is very strange indeed and I'll have to try and get to the bottom of this asap.

So now I can't sell or buy wow.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

You've been blocked as a buyer? WOW! I never thought that would happen. Could your account have been hacked?

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

Maybe it got hacked I don't know yet and what a coincidence?

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

Sounds like more of a payment/paypal problem to me, that's who I'd talk to first if it happened to me.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

I contacted PayPal also and found out that they also had most of my payment details removed and they don't know why this happened and are looking into it.

Was there a policy change that I don't know of that perhaps I needed to update things? not sure maybe there was.

I just don't understand how details could just disappear on both ebay and PP it's weird indeed but waiting for a response from PP and the seller as well that this all started with.

Trying to pay for that item I only had the 1 option which was PP so not sure if that seller didn't want payment made that way but they did have it as a payment option on their listing.

Next I'll be blocked from these boards.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

If ebay has been fiddling with your payal account I would kick up the biggest stink that you can.

That is not on especially as ebay no longer owns paypal and there are many other businesses that accept paypal payments.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Buy it Now transaction

Don't worry lyndal I'm going to stink the place up haha.

It was really strange also when I went to check out in ebay apart from my options gone it also said to log into my PP account to proceed but I'm opted into not having to log into PP when I purchase as it's automatically done.

And it's all silent not a peep from anyone at the moment.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply