Buying on eBay

i bought an item on eBay last week. It stated the item location Sydney Australia. It states it will be sent Australia post by normal post and will take 15 to 20 days. If this item was located in NSW I am the same state why does it take so long. I guess this item is not in Australia if not I feel this is incorrect it should not be allowed and the seller warned this is wrong Has anyone else had this problem 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Buying on eBay

rrp1987,

If it's not urgent (it can't be - otherwise you'd have gone to the shops, right?) - what do you care?

For non urgent stuff I usually couldn't care less if it's coming form Mars!

And just for your information and peace of mind - recently a parcel from Myers took about 3 weeks to arrive - in the same city.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

have you recieved a message telling you your item has been posted?

from the day its posted until you recieve it i would be surprised if it took more than a week to a week and a half. remembering australia post doesnt work on weekends.

some sellers are using long delivery times to try to avoid 'item not recieved' disputes i rekon.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Check the parcel when it arrives to see if it was from China or not.

If it is,  report the item for  incorrect location

You really should check the estimated arrival date before purchasing.

It shouldn't be a surprise.

Mind you, I buy from a seller whose handling time is 30 days!

She's unwell and has frequent and unexpected hospital visits.  (I know this to be true)

But when she's well, I get the item quickly.

Fixnwear.....sometimes parcels from China just don't arrive at all

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

imastawka,

I find that exactly the oposite!

Stuff from China DOES arrive very fast, within 4 days, when you pay for EMS - much faster than domestic parcels! Which are invariably hit & miss with timing.

I have no idea how long the regular parcels from China take - but just looking at so many of their stores on Ebay - none of them are fly - by nighters - they are all here to stay and sell big time - and it just wouldn't make any sense to suspect them of taking money and not posting.

And another thing - you have advised OP to report them. To whom and what for?

If you mean report them to Ebay - that'll fall on deaf ears as it's not in their commercial interest to penalise the Chinese - as they would have to be  their biggest income producers - by sheer numbers and volume alone. That in itself would render them almost immune to any repercussions, short of most serious offences - and posting from China and saying you are in Australia isn't one of them!

Everyone elase is seen as  a "collateral damage" in the process. Bad luck.

And Chinese of course are very smart (just look at the main scientists and surgeons in Australia - all Chinese origin), look at the real estate situation in Australia - it seems they would us all for breafast when it comes to successful operations and acquisitions  ) and it would be extremely rare for a Chinese seller to NOT send items.

As for the quality of very cheap items, why oh why everyone complains all the time?! They are cheap. Period!

Who do the whingers think they are kidding? Delusional thoughts and expectations - to get the best quality item for 2 bucks?

$2 coin, that most of us couldn't be bothered to bend down and pick up from the street - but all of a sudden is a major catastrophy when it comes to shopping on Ebay?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

Stawka has advised the OP to report the seller to ebay for incorrect item location...that is a legitimate reason for reporting a seller.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

thank you for that lyndall, didn't know that!

Never took any notice of it before, because it just doesn't matter to me how long it takes for anything to come from anywhere.

However, it just occured to me - if I was a seller, it seems to me  that I would be better off for exposure if I said in the listings I was in China! Even though I'm in Australia.

Wander how would that work - or maybe it wouldn't - as someone would report me for advertising a wrong area and for getting their item much quicker!

Only joking, of course - but seriously, Cjinese seem to have a priority in searches - it always takes a while to wade through all the pages to get to Australians.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

FGS!!!

I mentioned reporting them for item location

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/item-location.html

•  

• Omaha, Nebraska, United States

Not allowed

• Giving an incorrect item location. For example, indicating that the item is in the U.S. when it is actually being sent from China.

• Inaccurate, vague, or misleading descriptions (the city and state or city and country don't match)

• Beijing, United Kingdom

• Hong Kong, United Kingdom

• Worldwide, Singapore

• Direct from manufacturer to, United States

• Somewhere in Florida, United States

• A location in the item description, if stated, that doesn't match the item location field.

• Setting a return location in your return policy that is different to the original itemโ€™s location resulting in higher costs or confusion for buyers.

I didn't say they were underhanded and wouldn't post

I didn't say anything about doctors, scientists, cheap rubbish or

how clever you think they all are.

And if they don't offer EMS? 

Like I said....from personal experience - sometimes they just never arrive

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

imastawka,

no, you didn't say any of that - I did!

That wasn't a part of my question - question was why would you advise to report them - and lyndall answered it.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Buying on eBay

rrp1987,

If it's not urgent (it can't be - otherwise you'd have gone to the shops, right?) - what do you care?

For non urgent stuff I usually couldn't care less if it's coming form Mars!

And just for your information and peace of mind - recently a parcel from Myers took about 3 weeks to arrive - in the same city.

---------------------------------------

This is just my individual take on it, but I would care.

First off, even when something is not urgent, if it doesn't arrive in reasonable time, I start to worry it could be lost or whatever. It's more relaxing if it does come in a week or two. I've noticed a lot of online shops have dramatically sharpened up their acts. Where catch of the day used to take 3 weeks, it is within the week now. Harris Scarfe-ditto.

Next. If a seller says they are in Australia and it turns out they are not, then that's lying. I don't like being lied to. It's just the principle of the thing.

They are supposed to show their true location & if they don't, I'd be reporting it to ebay.

Don't get me wrong, I've bought a few things from China with no trouble at all, very happy with the transactions. But they were upfront about delivery times, their location etc. That's all I ask.

If they are in Australia, in the same state, then they need to get their act together.20 days is too long.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply