Buying with Ebay discout offer LOL

There was an item I wanted but price was little too high. Than I noticed EBay offers me 10% discout. That made it better and It said I  pay less with the discount so I bought it. Than I see Paypal was billed full price and mentioning the voucher for the rest. So I contact Ebay asking where is my discount money? After carefully formed answers it turned out that I can use the voucher to get only 10% OFF on items I want to buy and all this must be done within 3 days. I can't buy an item for $25 and use the whole voucher. That's the most useless thing I've ever came across. I don't care about $25, but it's the way they did it thinking I'm gonna go on shopping spree with my 10% at a time in a hurry. No way.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you enter the discount code at Checkout to get the discount?   From memory you have to spend $50 or more for the current discount to work.

All the ebay offers are for a limited time....sometimes just 24 hours.  The current 10% has been availavle since the end of last week....I noticed it on Friday so it is available for at least 4 days which is plenty of time to make a purchase.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

i used the 10% code just a few hours ago, worked fine for me.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Did you enter the discount code at Checkout to get the discount?   From memory you have to spend $50 or more for the current discount to work.

All the ebay offers are for a limited time....sometimes just 24 hours.  The current 10% has been availavle since the end of last week....I noticed it on Friday so it is available for at least 4 days which is plenty of time to make a purchase.

yes, its spend over $50

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Off course I've entered the code how else would I get the vaucher. The point I'm making is that I got a voucher that is sompletelly useles because I can't spend it all at once. I can only use it to get 10% OFF another item/s. How many items would I need to buy in period of three days to spend $25 voucher 10% at a time. It's not like I suddenly need to buy something worth $250 to be able to get 10% discount, or even 100 cheap China trinkets and use the code 100x to get the $25 back. See my point?

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

I think you may have got some wires crossed somewhere when speaking with eBay, which doesn't surprise me.

When eBay provide a discount code, the seller receives the full purchase price, while the buyer pays the discounted price and eBay pays for the rest. Your PayPal payment will show the portion you paid, and the portion covered by the voucher, but you are only debited the discounted amount if the voucher was applied correctly. 

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Is the voucher for 10% or $25.....it can't be both.

I have just looked at the terms.....the discount offer is for 10% discount up to a limit of $100 per transaction and you can make 2 transactions using the voucher code.

You can buy more than one item in a transaction so the discount applies to all of the items in that transaction...up to 10 items per transaction.

To be honest, I have no idea what you are on about in your last post.  Why is the voucher useless?

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

i bought 1 item at $99, put in the code and it reduced to $89

now it was for a pair of shoes, allready at $99 they were $17 cheaper than the next seller, so getting another $10 off i'm happy.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

How can you not understand? Lets try it again. I got $25 discount on the item I bought (that's 10% OFF). On checkout, it said I'll pay $25 less. But Paypal showed full debit, but next to it was -$25 voucher. - Ok so far?..

Now, I contact Ebay asking if I can take my $25 voucher and buy an item worth $25 with it. - Still ok so far?...

He said NO. I can only pay 10% of the full value of the item I want to purchase and I have to do it within 3 days. - Still with me?..

So I'm asking. What sort of discount is this? Can't withdraw it and I can't spend it unless I buy multiple items and spend the $25 in multiples of 10% of the voucher value, all within 3 days.

So, I ended up playing full price because there is nothing else I want to buy. Even if I did want to buy something, it would have to be all up in total of $250 in order for the voucher to be spend at 10% per purchase. Voucher offer expires today so voucher validity will be lost. How is this a discount? Imagine getting discount like this at your local store.

Does it make sense now? I can't think of any simpler way to put it.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

There is no voucher.

What your paypal account is showing you is the full price MINUS the $25.00 discount ("voucher") received when you plugged in the discount code.

Your account summary will shjow the nett figure.

No wonder the ebay rep got confused.

What she is telling you is that you don't have any $25 voucher, you've already got the benefit of that $25 discount on what you purchased; but you have until tomorrow to get another 10% discount on one further purchase.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply