Can I win this counterfeit case?

Hi everyone, I'm looking to open a case with an eBay seller but I am unsure if I have enough evidence to win the case.

I had been led to believe that a seller had been selling authentic Audio-Technica products. Within minutes of opening it, I was able to identify it as a counterfeit.

Now I am already having problems with it. 
I suspect it being a fake as
1. Its sound quality was as terrible as my webcam microphone
2. It picked up a lot of background sounds, which indicated by dozens of reviews, shouldn't.

It has now only been 3 days and its sound pick-up has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY. I have not dropped it or moved it since I installed it and have done many things to try and fix the problem. Including, restarting my pc and unplugging it and replugging it back in.

After contacting the seller and telling them my suspiscion.
Their response was, quite literally quoted:
"Yep you got us we are selling fake microphones, what an astute and savvy customer you are. It's amazing that you managed to catch us out on this fake microphone when none of our thousands of customers have managed to do so!".

Is the above enough (direct admittance to selling a counterfeit) to win a case? I am not wiling to pay shipping fees to send it to Audio-Technica themselves to do a frequency test to prove it or refund a counterfeit product at my cost .

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Can I win this counterfeit case?

Some posters have suggested not to return the item as "it's against the law to post fake item"

How convenient! I f that really was the case.

Some say they wouldn't post it back if it was fake so the seller can't sell it to someone else.

That is maybe a bit better reason, but not good enough.

I would never presume to take it upon myself to dispose of someone else's property, fake or not.

Nor would I think for one minute that it's my job to judge anyone and appropriate their goods - that is the job of the rights owner - not my job nor my business.

The fact that I am getting a refund would mean to me the object is no longer my property, and as I would not act as anyone's "disposal unit" the item would go back to the seller.

Most of them are their own worst enemy, they are apathetic and very laid back - not willing to lift a finger even when directly reported of a fake item!

The only time I would ever take the law into my own hands is when someone is getting bashed, robbed, murdered, something life threathening - and I'm the only person at hand to help! Those are the situations where none of  us would think twice - just go on auto pilot and do what ever it takes that may help.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

is it that if I make my font really big that some posters think others will take me more seriously ??

Just joshing ..... maybe .....the large font thing for a whole post just looks a bit weird to me ...

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

OP, post 19 and 20 are IMO good suggestions.

image host
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you everyone for the useful and not so useful input.

How I plan to go about with this case is try suggestion in Post #20, and await a response from Audio-Technica.

If 3rd party proof is obtained I will open case nd get it closed within minimum time.

If nothing goes to plan, I will just send it back, at my cost, for malfunction and have my refund that way 😕

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Ask ebay for something and offer detailed information about both your words in mail.And then a feedback or paypal dispute will be the best way to get your money back
So far.
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

You don't understand the question!

image host
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

You don't understand the question!

Or the fact the thread started 12 months ago. This person keeps spamming other threads too, I'm surprised they didn't spam this one.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Just keep reporting the spam posts.....it is just a Chinese seller advertising his wares,

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

With really atrocious feedback to boot!!!

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply