Can a seller change their shipping option

Hi,

I messaged a seller about a listing they have which is a bidding.

the shipping cost was over $150 dollars for me and I asked if there were any cheaper options

they said that there were and I asked if they could update the listing for the newer shipping cost

they said that they can’t change the listing since I’ve already bidded on it and that they’ll send me an invoice for the actual shipping if I win the bidding.

This seems a bit sketchy to me but since I know nothing about selling on eBay I don’t know if they can or can’t change so I’m hoping for some advice.

thank you!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes a seller can,  see the things they can and cant do below.   

But,  I wouldn't,  as what if you weren't the successful bidder, and the listed charge is appropriate for whoever does win the auction.  You have to consider the seller is looking at the big picture not just one single buyer.    In my case though if I had made that agreement with you at auction end, I would send a modified invoice reflecting the agreement.  As they have agreed to do.

But also, why would you bid on an auction if you didnt like the postage price,  technically you agreed to it, you should have been happy with it.  But some of us sellers are generous and help buyers.

Bids within 12 hour end of auction

You can:

• Add a second category, unless there are category restrictions (fees may apply)
  • Add to the item description
  • Add photos
  • Add optional listing upgrades to increase your item's visibility
  • Decrease the cost for existing postage services
  • Add a new domestic postage option

You can't:

• Change the listing format
  • Change the listing duration
  • Change the starting price
  • Edit the listing description
  • Increase the cost for an existing postage service
  • Remove an existing domestic postage option
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you,

I had messaged the seller beforehand and asked about the cheaper shipping price and they said that they’ll send the invoice if I win. I bidded after I had asked since they had recommended that

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply