Can someone please help me?

I purchased my first iPhone from ebay back in June of this year from a reputable seller, when it arrived I noticed it had a seeming power problem. I had the problem diagnosed at two separate phone repair shops and both informed it was a motherboard problem, one which would cost just under $300 to repair (more than I paid for the phone). The phone was listed in new condition, however it had clearly been used.

I have been trying to resolve this situation both with the seller directly and paypal since June, however the seller keeps insisting they did not send a damaged phone, that I somehow damaged the motherboard.

I have since agreed with the seller to return the phone for repair, which I did last month, however, the seller has not acknowledged this return in any way.

Can someone please help me as this has almost been a year long ordeal.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel-

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A few things here.

A new iphone would vertainly not come at that price.  That should have been a red flag

Where did the phone come from, was it overseas?

Was there anything in sellers feedback that may have been a warning.

If purchased in June, this is only October so 4 months.

Was the phone returned with tracking.

Did the seller offer warranty.  If so, are they a a registered reseller  they would be the only ones to offer a warranty.  Most warranties on Ebay are not worth the paper they are written on.

Good luck with this.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing it was a refubished phone sold by a Chinese seller, who advertised it as new.

A lot do.  It's not right, but if they can get away with it, they will.

If you returned it, it should have had tracking.  That way the seller does not have to acknowledge receipt.  Tracking will show that you have returned it.

If all this sounds about right, you have lost the phone and your money by the sounds of it.

Always buy a phone from a reputable, authorised  dealer in a real store, not someone you don't know on ebay.

That way you have an enforceable warranty.

I also notice that you have a lot of problems with purchases not working.

Maybe buying on ebay is not for you.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply