Can you please add a postage option.

Dear eBay,  

Can you please add a postage option so that buyers can select what postage option they want to use as I am starting to cancel my purchases from sellers that insist on using slow delivering useless so called courier companies like Fastway, Sendle ARAMEX, etc, as they take too long to deliver to me and other areas I am lead to believe, as they only deliver to my area twice a week and this is totally unacceptable for a so called courier company.

Where as Australia post delivers daily and I always receive my parcels on time. Where as with those inferior couriers my parcels always arrive late. In fact they arrive much  later than if I was to purchase from AliExpress, Temu, Wish etc.

I am happy to pay more postage if my items are sent via Australia Post simply because they deliver on time unlike the other mob(s).

So an option for postage would be a good addition to checkout so I and others don't have to go through cancelling orders and waiting for a refund. Because those courier companies cannot get their act together and be a real courier company.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Can you please add a postage option.

Because when I buy an item I ask them to cancel my order if they cannot use Australia Post and they do.

I don't understand why it is so hard for some people not to comprehend this and why they have to reply when I am asking eBay?

If I wanted their misinformation opinion I would ask them or start the post off asking everyone!

Does this screenshot help?

https://prnt.sc/gq2WV-xcOEFo

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

What facts?

Hsave a look at my screenshot and you will see that I am 

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

What facts?

Have a look at my screenshot and you will see that I am RIGHT and you are all so very WRONG!

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Do please let us know how you get on with "ebay help".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

You post on a member to member forum that is what this is

which, again

eBay staff rarely read

You accuse others of not being able to comprehend things and you insist that you are 'asking eBay'

You are asking 'everyone' except eBay

I understand you want to hear what you want to hear, and that is why you want to ask eBay

The CS staff type from pre-written scripts that tell the person what the want to hear

Sellers do not have to cancel for change of mind, no matter how many times the buyer asks

Stop buying if the postage option shown does not say Australia Post to start with, that is a waste of the buyers time and potentially costs them genuine sales

If you do not want other members answering the post you made on the member to member forum, then self report and ask a moderator to remove it for you 

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

If you want eBay to reply, OP, then ask eBay.

You are posting on a community members board, not on an eBay request board.

You've said several times that buyers can cancel your purchase, but it’s apparent you mean sellers. This is an easy-to-mistype error; we’ve all done it. However, sellers have no obligation to cancel a sale upon a buyer’s request. They would be doing it solely to avoid a problem transaction, not because it’s mandatory.

These boards are full of threads about both buyers and sellers being unhappy with Sendle. In fairness, the couriers used by Sendle do also have their fans; it’s clear that those various couriers provide better service in some areas than in others. But there are also horror stories…

If you want your items to be sent by Australia Post, fair enough. I’d suggest you message sellers before buying, asking them to confirm they’ll be sending via AP, not Sendle, as couriers used by Sendle have caused problems with delivery for you in the past.

Really no need to be snarky on these boards. People who post here have a wealth of experience and will be happy to give information and advice if you need it - but it is rare (not unknown, but rare) for eBay employees to contact any eBay member posting here. Certainly no eBay employee has actually posted on the boards for years.

I’m not sure how you plan to “mute” anyone…

As to eBay being interested in or taking action on your request re Sendle, it’s Buckley’s to a hellish snowball’s chance; eBay not only provide Sendle as an option for sellers but they also actively push Sendle as the most in-your-face postage option so that inexperienced or confused sellers may not even realise at the time of listing that they have specified Sendle.

As I said, contacting sellers pre-purchase is probably the best way to go.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

@cybagirl wrote:

If you say so.

Either way my post is still relevant in regards to their poor service.

The misinformation about buyers not cancelling my orders is not true. So it is there.

Furthermore I was asking eBay not Eddy Experts and know it alls who know nothing!

Why is this so hard for people to comprehend these days?

I think we are more than a little confused here - your ' link ' is showing a SELLER agreeing to cancel your order.

A BUYER cannot cancel your order.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Well Sendle is **bleep** and if this how it's going to be?

I will be purchasing more on AliExpress, Temu, Banggod, Wish etc until they come to their senses and realise that sendle is hopeless and for the reasons I pointed out in my original post.

So they can push it as much as they like. But I am sure I am not the only one who has an issue with these inferior courier companies.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Did you not see my screenshot?

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

You're certainly not the only one - so stop buying from those who only use Sendle or the like. 

Simples.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply