Change of dates

plgw75
Community Member

Bought a usb audio voice recorder told was in Sydney and delivery was 17/23 dec the seller has after sale changed the delivery date to 29 dec/5 jan I told them I would not be here on those dates and asked cancel the sale return my money they have bombarded me with emails 5 answers (same) to my emails same answer over and over again "wait will arrive" where do I stand will not be home till the 25th Jan, thanks, Peter.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Change of dates

@plgw75 wrote:

Bought a usb audio voice recorder told was in Sydney and delivery was 17/23 dec the seller has after sale changed the delivery date to 29 dec/5 jan I told them I would not be here on those dates and asked cancel the sale return my money they have bombarded me with emails 5 answers (same) to my emails same answer over and over again "wait will arrive" where do I stand will not be home till the 25th Jan, thanks, Peter.

When did you purchase.?

Do not leave it too long - think it is 30 days - to open either in eBay or PayPal - a claim for an item not received.

23rd has not arrived yet - perhaps give it until then - then open a case.

You cannot open a case in both so choose either eBay or PayPal.

Don't allow the seller to stall you until it is too late.

Angel.gif

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Just out of interest pigw, was it a Chinese seller ? Item number would help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Estimated delivery dates are totally unreliable wherever the parcel is coming from and you should never rely on them. They are a fiction novel written by co-authors AP & ebay.

If it is too big for your mailbox then presumably you will be carded and it will go to the PO and you can collect it when you get back. If it has tracking then you can check its progress while you are away, if you are on good terms with your PO staff then have a word and ask them to keep any parcels for you instead of returnng them to sender if you are going to be away for a long time.

Just keep an eye on the number of days and if there is no tracking open a dispute before the cut off times in either ebay or Paypal, presumably you will have internet acce

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Malasian but said item was in Sydney.

Item 251527458815 dates 17th/23rd dec only listed on order details as they changed on item Ebay verifies they changed dates.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It's not the point how I pickup or what Aus Post can do I needed the item to use while on holidays, thought I would get it as they said "item in Sydney"

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Did you read the sellers feedback before buying? Given they are a high volume seller with only 98% feedback and most of the negs from the last month alone saying item didn't arrive and item sent from overseas, I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole. If you look at some of the recent neutrals, the seller is stating they are in Darwin. So are they in Sydney or Darwin?

When you checked the estimated delivery dates, did you look at the dates in your order details or on the actual listing? If you looked at the listing, those dates will change daily as they show the estimate if you bought today. If you go back to the listing in a week, the dates will show a new date again.

Always, always, ALWAYS check a sellers feedback, I can't stress that enough. Check what other buyers are saying in their negative and neutral feedback. Sometimes feedback will reflect a difficult, hard to please buyer, but if they're all saying the same thing and there are a LOT of them saying the same thing, alarm bells should ring. For high volume sellers like that, steer clear if their feedback is any less than 99.5%. Always check their star ratings too. 

I hope it all works out OK for you.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@plgw75 wrote:

Malasian but said item was in Sydney.

Item 251527458815 dates 17th/23rd dec only listed on order details as they changed on item Ebay verifies they changed dates.

eBay provides the estimated dates of delivery NOT the seller. 

A seller CANNOT change the dates of estimated delivery after the sale on an order form - unless they have added a handwritten note the order form - is this the case ??

A seller can ONLY change the date the item will be posted IF they generate a label through eBay and mark a future date as the posting date.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The chances are you will get the item by the 23rd, you are looking at a listing where they are selling more than 1 item so the delivery dates will have changed if you are look at the current listing.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply