Cheap but highly unreliable couriers

What if anything can be done to encourage  sellers who use cheap but atrocious couriers like CouriersPlease and Aramex (previously Fastway) to use more reliable couriers even if they cost a bit more ?

The last 4 items I bought were returned to the seller supposedly because supposedly they could not be delivered despite the fact i have a shop which is open 8.5 hours a day . Then I have to go through the time wasting process of organising a refund and trying a different seller . 

It always seems to be Fastway or CouriersPlease who are involved when these problems occur.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Cheap but highly unreliable couriers

lynsh84
Community Member

It seems that many members on these boards have no idea how couriers work.

The big companies such as FedEx and StarTrack have regular clients who send large volumes of mail/packages to a small number of recipients.   The couriers know their own runs and how much they can deliver in one day.

They sort their runs before leaving the depot.  If all goes according to plan they deliver all their items before close of business and start pickups to go back to the base for delivery the next day in the case of local items or dispatch to country or interstate destinations.

If there is a hiccup and an items proves difficult to deliver it can result in the items at the end of the run not being delivered on the day it is expected.....or very late, which annoys recipients anyway.

They do not go criss crossing the area of the run....it is delivered in the order it was sorted in the morning.

On the other hand, companies such as Aramex/Fastway and Couriers Please work on a large turnover from a large number of clients for delivery to a large number of addresses.   It is a a courier's nightmare to be honest, especially if the driver has to pick up and deliver a package that is slated for delivery on the same day.  No matter how well organised a driver is, it is impossible to offer good service when you are thrown curve balls like same day delivery....or even one or 2 hour delivery, which I have been seeing offered.

I am NOT standing up for these companies.....I have had bad experiences with then as well as good.  My fight is with the  management.   If they want to offer same day delivery etc they need to have designated drivers who are not also expected to do normal deliveries/pickups.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply