Cheater seller refused to post the lower price bidded item!

Beware of eBay seller <Removed>

Hi all, I won a bidding for TTL Flash Off Camera Sync Coiled Remote Cord for Sony HVL-F58AM HVL-F56AM F42AM for eBay member <Removed>. But since the bidding amount was less than the usual listing price, the seller refused to post it and was inconsistent with his replies and even once quoted that the items was held up in customs! This lame excuse was despite the fact that the item was marked as not posted even after 4 weeks on eBay. I had to file a problem resolution for refund or getting my item. Ultimately I was refunded which actually shows that as a buyer really we are not protected any way against fraudulent transactions and we are denied an opportunity to win bidded items on a cheaper price! Thank you for your time in reading this.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Cheater seller refused to post the lower price bidded item!

You were refunded by PayPal which actually proves you ARE protected against fraudulent transactions/non-receipt of goods etc.

The seller would probably have got a defect for not posting the goods,you already gave them a neg & you got your money back so you aren't really out anything are you?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Did you check the seller's feedback prior to bidding?

94% is very low.

Feedback and DSR ratings are usually a good indicator of whether to place a bid or not.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I was going to give my 2 cents but Narelle pretty much covered it all.

Also you can't name and shame on the forum, so you'll probably find your post edited by the mods removing the sellers ID.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

rjm6572
Community Member

why would you want to buy off that seller with all those negs

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

No I didn't check seller history,I'm meant to be cleaning house right now.I wouldn't buy from a seller on 94% either

.But i did check the O.P history & she seems to know a bit about not getting what she wants from a seller so i think the post was about having a go at the seller & warning others.Whatever.She stated that buyers aren't covered which isn't the case,buyers are very well covered & she got her $ back.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

rf
Community Member

Imagine if every issue with a seller would result in a buyer creating a dedicated thread for each and every problem ...

There is a purpose behind leaving FEEDBACK. Stick to that rather using threads to "warn" others. That is the whole point of leaving feedback!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Oops sorry Narelle, I didn't mean to reply to your post. I thought I'd replied to the OP.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Oops I'm sorry too Smiley Embarassed My bad for replying in a hurry & being distracted by the explosion from a toybox,a washing basket & the lolly necklace that was surrounding me.Wasn't mad though,it's a valid point about seller fb also.I have jumped on the seller side without checking that before.

Buyers would have less trouble if they would read through seller fb to see if there is a problem with how they do business.I have bought things from sellers with bad fb if i think much of it is bs or people who expect instant shipping O.S or many jumping on the bandwagon to whinge & get free stuff.

I currently got 2 non payment from a couple of 96%ers.I'd probably throw my account away if my % was that low.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@rf wrote:

Imagine if every issue with a seller would result in a buyer creating a dedicated thread for each and every problem ...

There is a purpose behind leaving FEEDBACK. Stick to that rather using threads to "warn" others. That is the whole point of leaving feedback!

true, rf, but the OP obviously didnt look at the fb.  over 500 dissatisfied buyers this year but the OP still bid and was surprised when it went pear-shaped!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply