Chinese sellers!!

c_mount
Community Member

Why are most China sellers allowed to scam on here? Why do ebay turn a blind eye?

Now we see a polethra of fake NRL jerseys from China! I report many of these sellers and fck-all gets done!!

Not only that, you buy something from a chinese seller, of which most listings have shipping times of upto 2months, so 1 month through the 'waiting time' for the item to arrive, youthen recieve a message from the damn seller stating the item was either not in stock, wasn't shipped or somehow got lost BEFORE the estimated delivery date! **FF$**?

Ebay you are destroying yourself. It used to be a great site. I hope a real alternative auction site emerges like ebay used to be 12 years ago.

No doogooder who wants to shoot me down neither bother to try. I want to reach out to those who share the same feeling and experiences please.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Chinese sellers!!

I agree. You'll see a lot of favourable chinese quotes here......i'd bet they're all resellers. Those people are even worse than the chinese manufacturers. All they care about is their profit. They don't care if you or i receive good that don't work, don't fit or just plain incorrect.......no.......it's all about their reseller margins. They are ruining it for people who manufacture quality built items. And who pays for that in the end ? Yep...you and me....the little people. So maybe some of these resellers will get their heads out of their **bleep**s and wake up to the damage they are creating. Most likely not......they've show how stupid they are allready.
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Said with all the experience of a newbie to the boards who has made just 15 purchases in 12 months.Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

yawn

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

in denial?

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@paddygee_123 wrote:

I agree. You'll see a lot of favourable chinese quotes here......i'd bet they're all resellers. Those people are even worse than the chinese manufacturers. All they care about is their profit. They don't care if you or i receive good that don't work, don't fit or just plain incorrect.......no.......it's all about their reseller margins. They are ruining it for people who manufacture quality built items. And who pays for that in the end ? Yep...you and me....the little people. So maybe some of these resellers will get their heads out of their **bleep**s and wake up to the damage they are creating. Most likely not......they've show how stupid they are allready.

I'm now cautious with buying from China. I will say though that I have had some decent experiences. I have gone straight to the feedback. If the negs are low that's a good sign. If the FB by seller is in good English and is not uniform all the way though that's a good sign.

One seller advertised an electronic item in Hong Kong but I discovered that he was in Mainland China. The item was sent not from Hong Kong or China but an East European country. There was a delay but the seller kept in good communications with me and it arrive safe and  sound and was in great condition.

I think if someone wants to take advantage of buying an item from a seller in China to save $$$s, research on the seller is very important.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

@paddygee_123 wrote:

I don't totally agree with this. I have had positive experiences on ebay when I have bought items from China and I have not sold here in years. I'm a buyer. I think the key is in what you buy.

There is no way on earth I'd be buying a 'brand' name or electronic or electrical item direct from China.

But if you're after small things for eg card making, you may be in luck.

To me though, I'd prefer to buy from Australian sellers when I can as I'd rather support our businesses and if that is racist talk to anyone, then so be it. I think we've done ourselves no favours by buying cheap things over quality as we've lost so many industries but some of the fault with that lies with the consumers, not just the resellers.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply