Clam to be AU sellers but will not post to AU PO Boxes? Why?

hughsa
Community Member

We only have an AU PO Box, no mail/courier delivery to  our home - so I always pick sellers that claim to be AU sellers and claim to offer AU post delivery - but I find in the checkout (or even after payment) that many will not post to an AU PO Box - why is that? Are they lying about where the product is actually coming from?

Anyone have thoughts on this, thanks HughSA

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There sellers who use couriers only and not AU post.

The problem is that the majority of couriers do not deliver to the PO boxes (or the the post office either).

Makes it a bit tough when wanting to buy an item when this happens.

Just keep searching!

good luck.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry about any mistakes with the above post.

My cat literally was helping type!!
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Check with your PO as some buyers use the street address of the PO and have the PO take delivery of your parcel for you.

But if your PO is also very remote you may need to get a price from the seller first.

(cat giving you another hint, you're just not getting the message) Smiley Wink

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Must have been food time for her... which is , according to the cat, at any given time she decides!!
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Not all sellers who do not post to P.O. Boxes are liars 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

When they claim to be in AU AND claim to be using Aust Post AND won't send to a PO Box - well I'll leave you to decide.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

There are more reasons for a seller to opt not to post to PO boxes than just whether or not the service they use will be able to deliver to them.

This is called a business decision, and - like it or not - it does not have to be justified to every buyer who doesn't understand why.

For the record, I have a PO box, and I post to them without issue as well, but I also happen to just accept and respect the decision others may make not to.

It's true there are a lot of overseas sellers claiming to ship from Australia when they don't and it's true a lot of sellers in other countries don't ship to PO boxes by default, but it's not a guarantee that's the two are always applicable to any seller who meets the latter criterion.

To avoid purchasing items that won't ship to PO boxes, either check the seller's exclusion list, or use the cart function, since eBay won't let you complete checkout if the seller doesn't ship to them.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:
Must have been food time for her... which is , according to the cat, at any given time she decides!!

Haha ...so what part of bgtyhnmkl; did you not understand when the cat typed it ??   😛

Dogs have owners - cats have slaves. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply